Search results

1. digicidal

Recommendation: Adam S3V vs JBL LSR 708P

Correct the dome was in reference to the cheaper 305 which is what I have. I would think so, but it depends on several things, first and foremost being what levels you like to listen to. The 705P's are rated to 101dB continuous (107dB peak) @ 1m - however, I'm fairly certain that's anechoic...
  2. digicidal

Snake oil and fraud in the professional audio community

Yeah, but the other candidate was even worse IMO. :D Sorry... politics. Shame on me.
  3. digicidal

Having a well balanced sense of self-worth seems as rare as a unicorn pegasus. Myself included, it seems like every human being either consistently over-estimates or under-estimates the only person they actually have a prayer of completely understanding... themselves. Being confident yet...
  4. digicidal

That would have been an impressive display on several levels. Too bad about the teacher stopping all the fun. Although to be fair - it would have verified the hypothesis... as it certainly would have affected growth! :eek:
  5. digicidal

This. I've spent most of my life going back and forth between "I'm doing something worthwhile and ethical. Good." and the seductive "People that stupid don't deserve their money, so why not relieve them of it?" mindset. So far the "little shoulder angel" has won the debate, but who can say who...
  6. digicidal

JBL Synthesis AVR and Processor with Dirac

Even though it will never happen (and for good reason) I'd be really happy if someone would release a completely flexible 10 channel prepro. By that I mean that every channel was software mappable via DSP for whatever you wanted. Want to run it as an active crossover for a pair of 3/4/5 way...
  7. digicidal

I'd put him down in all 4 categories actually... except I'm pretty sure he believes he is God... so maybe just the other 3. :cool:
  8. digicidal

Review and Measurements of NAD M27 PWR Amp

I've found it fairly difficult to please anyone all of the time - let alone all of the people. Plus I'm sure my back couldn't handle the strain. Maybe we should get @Thomas savage to weigh in on the topic. :cool:
  9. digicidal

I'm pretty sure that whoever cracks that code will get a lot more than two lifetime memberships - like "winner of all humanity" or something along those lines (along with a few Nobel's and hopefully the Presidency as well). Point being that it exists everywhere people are involved - it's just...
  10. digicidal

I thought that disclaimer was implied in everything found on the Internet? (Especially charts/graphs) :cool: While true in a general sense, I think the key in using a comparison metric is simplicity. Sure using SINAD as the primary metric can be debated (and has on here), but it's a very good...
  11. digicidal

Recommendation: Adam S3V vs JBL LSR 708P

I have both of their younger (cheaper) brothers in setups - unfortunately the GC here isn't very good for higher-end monitors, so no chance to audition their nicer offerings. However, similar transducers and implementations on both - just better output and electronics on the ones you're...
  12. digicidal

Agreed. In an optimal world, manufacturers would provide comprehensive specifications and conditions under which they were achieved, and then @amirm could validate them exactly. Unfortunately, this would decrease the number of reviews he could complete - and in general would be meaningless...
  13. digicidal

Port Plugs

Along with almost everything else of value on this planet (well at least the man made stuff). Lawyers are good for making blank paper into garbage printed statements, and very little else. Not that they don't have their place, but even my friends who are lawyers - aren't really my friends if...
  14. digicidal

Port Plugs

I can be as much of a crotchety old man as anyone... but WTF is up with these trolls following every single post with an attack? Actually, it's usually only mediocre commercial passives that quote +/- 3dB specs... professional monitors are almost always more linear than that as are quite a few...
  15. digicidal

Even the rated output selection is somewhat arbitrary between manufacturers it seems. Some pick the lowest distortion point (which puts them in the "modest power rating" camp, of which NAD was one traditionally), others the highest output where THD+N is under .1% or even under 1% on some (which...
  16. digicidal

CEDIA 2019: JBL Intros the HDI Line of Loudspeakers With Subwoofer

I don't know how they sound (yet) but simply based on design and price they're headed in the right direction. Even among the well-heeled audiophiles, the number of people with enough room for many of the more pro-design-oriented models is limited. With this line, even people living in a 800...
  17. digicidal

Review and Measurements of NAD T758 V3 AVR

Well, I hope that's the case with NAD. However, the two aren't necessarily related. I've dealt with off-shore service bureau customer support reps even with companies that were small - especially those involved in manufacturing. That initial SINAD graph is for Coax in -> Preamp out - so yes...
  18. digicidal

The kit we bought, our current setups

That would be the plan, but garage is too full at the moment. Looking for a new house with more space (especially in garage) - then I plan on having a room with almost all the closet gear set up... for those "I feel like hearing some full-range speakers on a tube amp" days. They still come up...
  19. digicidal

The kit we bought, our current setups

Here. :) Forgot to put mine in the last post... was too busy punnin' Theater Denon 4520Ci AVR Emotiva XPA-3 Oppo BDP-203 LCR: Aperion Grand Verus Towers & Center Surround: Aperion Grand Verus Bookshelf Rear Surround/Height/Wide=Focal Bird (Ceiling Mounted) Projector: Panasonic 1080p w/2.35:1...
  20. digicidal

Well, if you send me an AP555x I'll talk to @amirm to make sure I'm doing everything correctly and get started right away. ;)
Top Bottom