Search results

1. Mario Martinez

PlayClassics TRT v2.0 master file giveaway for ASR members

We have used the third movement of the Beethoven Quintet for Piano and Winds to make 28 new Sound Quality Comparison demos. You can compare our sound with versions of: - Decca Sviatoslav Richter - Naxos Jeno Jando - Sony Murray Perahia - Nimbus Records Vlado Perlemuter - Erato Daniel Barenboim...
  2. Mario Martinez

We have moved the comparison demos from youtube to our page. Here is the address in case you want to see: http://www.musicstry.com/trtsound The page will directly compare both official YouTube videos (ours and the one you choose)
  3. Mario Martinez

Album giveaway for PlayClassics FaceBook fans

Thanks Ray! ...yes, you are right, I should have done that; many people may have not seen this first post :)
  4. Mario Martinez

Album giveaway for PlayClassics FaceBook fans

Hello everyone, We have spent the past 6 years working on something that has never been done before: calibrating a two mic pure stereo fixed recording setup to achieve transparency. The recordings made with this system do not need any kind of treatment. With no equalization, no mixing, no...
  5. Mario Martinez

The albums are now in the hands of the distributors. It is just a matter of time that they start appearing all over the different platforms. We gave the distributor a 16bit 44.1kHz version of the music (there was no other option). Each platform will have to get its own streaming and download...
  6. Mario Martinez

Hello everyone, I am happy to announce that we have concluded the development of our acoustic research project. The current and final calibration version is 2.0b All the albums in our catalog (we currently have 12 albums) have been updated with this version and we have proceeded to publish...
  7. Mario Martinez

Hi Michiel, welcome to the thread! I just sent you the codes, ...enjoy :)
  8. Mario Martinez

We are happy to announce we have a new release on our catalogue: "Conversations" by Enrique Bernaldo de Quirós, piano. This album contains works by Beethoven, Schubert and Liszt. I hope you do find it enjoyable.
  9. Mario Martinez

I have been looking into this kick drum issue, ...I think I might know what you are referring to. I did fix one thing, but I cannot be sure if that is the thing that you were noticing. I am sending you a PM with the code to download the files see if this fix resolves the issue.
  10. Mario Martinez

yes, that is right, this one is coherent the other one was not. But they both will reach the same SPL when played in stereo. You should play the file on stereo and adjust volume to get 75dB at listening point. That would be our stage volume.
  11. Mario Martinez

I have uploaded new SPL files. This time I have used the official Dolby DMU pink noise to make the stereo file. Nothing has changed. The level is the same as with the first tone, but this one looks better :) You can download it on the original post: #95
  12. Mario Martinez

The pink noise was generated with the ProTools software. That is the one I used to measure the SPL, ...so I guess we are ok as long as we all use the same one :) Yes, we did record it from behind. The drummer suggested we placed the drums this way so that he could hear the cymbals and drums...
  13. Mario Martinez

I finally have the SPL file. Sorry it took so long. You can use this SPL file to calibrate the volume of your system to the volume of the actual performance. The file is a 40 second stereo pink noise at -20dB. You can download it on any of our regular formats (Master, DVD, CD, MP3) While...
  14. Mario Martinez

That is good news, if your adjustments are working for most recordings my guess is you have manage to bring your playback system very close to delivering a flat frequency response. I know our recordings are supposed to work best when played back that way and, on average, all other commercial...
  15. Mario Martinez

Hi fas42, Thanks for your feedback :) Here is something that I think is very interesting about what you just said: You used the rock recording to "tune" your system. All those "little tweaks" you turned on got the rock sample to sound right. Here is the interesting thing; those same tweaks...
  16. Mario Martinez

Here is how we are doing so far: We have given out 17 albums. 9 for Albeniz Iberia, 6 for Cabrera plays Debussy, 1 for Chopin Polish Songs and 1 for Songs of Paolo Tosti. In addition to the Gift Codes we have also received some donations; I want to tell you I am really grateful for that too...
  17. Mario Martinez

No secret :) Here are the distances from the mics to the - Piano: 11'6" - Flamenco guitar: 9'3" - Kick drum on drums recording: 8'10"
  18. Mario Martinez

Hi Amir, We are already doing that. (that is what I was referring to on post #52) Basically this is what we did: We worked the acoustics of our hall until we got an "almost flat frequency response" from the sound sources on the stage to the place where the mics are located. (That would be the...
  19. Mario Martinez

Yes! that is exactly it :) I will not be able to do this right away, but I will do it as soon as I can. I will share it when I have it ready...
  20. Mario Martinez

ok, I have just read though all the posts I missed.... We always use the same gain on all our recordings. (except for the drums and rock) The albums and the flamenco all have real relative levels. So once you find a realistic master volume level you should be able to listen to all the albums...
Top Bottom