Search results

1. MrC

Issue with balanced output on P20, ideas on what to test?

I am running an SMSL SU-8 balanced output into the Loxjie P20 (the unbalanced from the SU-8 goes into an Atom). I have converted a pair of Beyerdynamic Custom Studio to balanced by replacing the 3.5mm TRS with a 3.5mm TRRS wired: Tip: L+ R1: R+ R2: L- Sc: R- I have also made two adapters, the...
  2. MrC

Better options than the SMSL AD-18 (functionality over quality)?

So, here I am again with a question... I am wanting to replace my amp in the bedroom with something that offers me the functionality I need. The AD18 offers the functionality I am looking for but it has been said on various ocasions here that the quality leaves a lot to be desired, so I am...
  3. MrC

Can you help me understand "balanced" in the headphone world?

As this site is based on measurable facts and not subjective comments such as “it makes it sound better” (I have enough of my own subjective opinions :D ), I was wondering if you could help me out a little understanding this. I apologize in advance for what may be a lengthy post but I am...
  4. MrC

Suggestions for closed back headphones?

I was just wondering what closed back headphones you would suggest giving a try? I would prefer them to be in the sub $300 range if possible, although the budget is not set in stone. Until now I have really only used headphones for monitoring and mixing (except when I used to DJ) and my music...
  5. MrC

Not sure where to post this, I guess the Newbie is probably fitting :D

First off, hello and thank you for the mountain of information I have found on this forum, from the great measurements and reviews by Amir to the very helpful (mostly) comments by the rest. I have sent the last few days (since I came across the forum) reading the threads, mostly relevant to what...
Top Bottom