Search results

1. twsecrest

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250 Ohm & DT770 Pro 250 Ohm

I would suggest passing on the DT770/DT880/DT990 headphones, there are better headphones for the same price, also 600-Ohm headphones are just not practical.
  2. twsecrest

Is BurrBrown DAC comes with Yamaha Receiver Any Good?

The PCM5101A has a SNR of 106, which lower end, for a modern DAC. Where as the Modi 3 DAC has a SNR higher then 120.
  3. twsecrest

Headphones and DAC/AMP choice critique/recommendation.

I would recommend getting an external DAC/amp, for a $100 you can find something that sounds better the ALC892. Schiit Fulla 3 DAC/amp, it's what I'm using right now, driving my HF 580, while listening to R.I.O. Like I love you :)
  4. twsecrest

Headphones and DAC/AMP choice critique/recommendation.

600-Ohm headphones were great headphones to have, 40 or more years ago, and if your into tube head amps. There are now 25-Ohm to 50-Ohm headphones that easily equal, if not better 600-Ohm headphones, check out the 32-Ohm Soundmagic HP200, it's like a combo of the DT880/DT990. Or even better...
  5. twsecrest

+4dbu or -10dbV

+4dBu for a balanced (XLR or TRS) connection and -10dBV for an unbalanced (RCA or TS) connection.
  6. twsecrest

DAC/AMP: Computer + TV -> Powered Speakers + Headphones

DX7s on Massdrop sold for around $360ish. DX7 Pro comes with a nice ES9038 Pro DAC chip. The DX7s uses 2 older model DAC chips and the DX7 Pro also comes with a 4.4mm balanced headphone jack. Not sure what other improvements the DX7 Pro, has over the DX7s.
  7. twsecrest

DAC/AMP: Computer + TV -> Powered Speakers + Headphones

Topping DX7s is cheaper then the DX7 Pro. https://drop.com/buy/topping-dx7s Get a balanced cable for the HD6XX headphones.
  8. twsecrest

Help !! There is a noise problem.

Try using separate surge protectors, like one for the PC, one for the Sub and one for the 8030C.
  9. twsecrest

Keep Topping DX3 pro or get new DAC plus AMP

One difference that will be talked about, when it comes to DACs. That one will sound more detailed in the sound, while another DAC might be described as more musical.
  10. twsecrest

Should I buy a Asus Xonar SE or Sound Blaster Audigy FX?

For driving the 300-Ohm HD6XX, I would spend a lot more then what the Xonar SE or Audigy FX cost.
  11. twsecrest

UK Radio Stream 48khz/32bit - do I therefore need a 32bit capable DAC?

Might be the audio is recorded in 32-bit to make the audio louder? Guessing most people who listen to stream music do not have a 32-bit DAC, so not seeing a big deal for getting a DAC that supports 32bit audio.
  12. twsecrest

I'm not a fan of SMSL products, bought their DACs years ago, they did not work for very long.
  13. twsecrest

UK Radio Stream 48khz/32bit - do I therefore need a 32bit capable DAC?

CD-Audio is 16-bit/44.1K, so no reason (benefit) for streaming at 24-bit or 32-bit or 48K (but I'm not the expert). What is your budget for a DAC (DAC/amp)? Schiit Fulla 3 ($100) DAC/amp is a good bargain.
  14. twsecrest

The Sennheiser 300-Ohm HD600/HD650/HD6XX headphones are considered to do better with more power (voltage), so I say to go for the Schiit Asgard or Darkvoice 336SE.
  15. twsecrest

Very Newb Question - Amp for 2 Outdoor Subs

Looks more like a speech, then a question.
  16. twsecrest

Recommendations for SoundBlasterX AE-5 replacement

Low cost option, Asus Xonar DG or DGX sound card, should work with your current Sennheiser headphones. If your not into FPS gaming, run HDMI from PC to Denon, then run HDMI from Denon to computer screen. Buy 250-Ohm headphone and connect them to the Denon.
  17. twsecrest

Desktop DAC+amplifier to drive the DT 990 250 Ohm (maybe extended to speakers in future)

I guess you could split the signal coming from an RCA jack, into two separate signals, so your sending two weak signals :(
Top Bottom