Search results

1. Jinjuku

PS Audio Talking Smack About Amirm

What would the recipe look like for slander pizza? It would have to look like a pizza but the ingredients would totally not be what you thought they were.
  2. Jinjuku

If not for Paul's slander of Amir there would be no thread and subsequent dog pile. Paul started this and now he can deal with the fall out. I've sampled his video's from time to time and I don't have much respect for him based on what he has to say. When I saw the title of his Video my first...
  3. Jinjuku

What internet lynch-mob mentality? If there are libelous posts here Paul is free to do something about it. What balance are you seeking? Paul's simply off mark until he can provide factual evidence that bolsters his statement about Amir. Paul would do well to remember that the affirmative...
  4. Jinjuku

Why are you attempting to make these points? Paul didn't need to say a goddamned thing. All he ever had/has to do to prove his point is post his contrary measurements where they are proving Amir to be incorrect. But slander is an easier path for Paul.
  5. Jinjuku

What cables do you use in your systems?

Belden and Monoprice for speaker USB is Belkin Gold XLR are Cables Matters RCA's are hand terminated GLS Mic cable HDMI is Parts Express house brand 'Dayton'
  6. Jinjuku

Why can't audio industry standardize on a common digital audio "hdmi"?

I completely understand as a network engineer that's done live broadcast networking.
  7. Jinjuku

Why can't audio industry standardize on a common digital audio "hdmi"?

Add PoE to that. AF standard should be way more than adequate. Then we can wait for the PoERegen to hit the market.
  8. Jinjuku

recommendation for sub $1K system

I doubt the 162's are competitive at all with the 308p.
  9. Jinjuku

recommendation for sub $1K system

If you can get them on sale: JLB 308p MKII for $400 a pair and the matching LSR310S for $299 per.
  10. Jinjuku

Jriver stability

One persons bloatware is another persons feature set. Can't make everyone happy all the time.
  11. Jinjuku

Jriver stability

JRiver works with two of my PC's just fine. 24X7. I started using J River in 2009 when Windows MCE was deprecated . I would hop on the Jriver Forums and ask. Aside from providing a debug log: Go to screencastomatic.com and you can record up to 15 minutes free. Video record you recreating the...
  12. Jinjuku

AudioQuest Victoria Audio Cable with DBS Review

Why are there indicator lights on this cable? I asked Bill Lowe this question on WBF years ago. You should be able to hear when the batteries are running low or out of charge! You shouldn't need an indicator light.
  13. Jinjuku

A response to "Grinding your own gears" by John H. Darko

I'd rather time be taken in the actual testing and evaluation than in the edit suite polishing turds.
  14. Jinjuku

Review and Measurements of Schiit Yggdrasil V2 DAC

Here is an experiment: Install Foobar 2000 with the Effect DSP plug in. Use the Distortion tool and dial in some distortion on the Matrix until it sounds like the Yggy or even better. Because that is most likely what you are hearing is a dirty output with some harmonics that you find pleasing...
  15. Jinjuku

Decent inexpensive (relatively) XLR cables

Seem well constructed to me. I've done hand terminated Nuetrik and this looks the same. They even heat shrinked the solder cup/conductor.
  16. Jinjuku

I thought they looked familiar...
  17. Jinjuku

Made of metal and they work. I haven't attempted to deconstruct one so there's that.
  18. Jinjuku

I use Cable Matters XLR with my JBL setup. I think they were $24 US for two 12 footers (3.6 meters)
  19. Jinjuku

I might build a NAS/media server. Would you use this???

Drives support SMART. You should be able to query the drives to find on their Power On Hours. Pray they aren't stratospheric.
Top Bottom