Search results

1. H

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

Volumio! I tried so so many distributions until I've settled on Volumio. Everything just works, UPnP, Airplay, Spotify, USB hard drive with macOS file system, it's just a wonderful system.
  2. H

The problem with cheap power adapters is that they work, but they are unstable. So maybe you'll see the Raspberry Pi rebooting or freezing, but there is actually no problem with the Pi, but with the PSU.
  3. H

I'm using it without a case, with this heatsink only: https://thepihut.com/collections/raspberry-pi-cases/products/xl-raspberry-pi-4-heatsink It's very important to buy the official power supply, it's cheap and guaranteed to work well!
  4. H

Pi 4 + KTB perfectly working here, super stable! I even have an additional 2 TB external hard drive hanging from the Pi 4, no external power and still it works perfecly, no problems at all.
  5. H

Soncoz SGD1 /QXD1 at Purité

Hi, I'm thinking about ordering an SGD1 or QXD1 from Purité, one thing I haven't found on the official website is what is their output impedance? Are they the same?
  6. H

SMSL M400 & M200 new dacs!

Because a high quality balanced volume control costs as much as a DAC! And power amps like Hypex or Purifi doesn't have volume controls.
  7. H

ModDIY, thanks for the report! One question: is it possible to use the knob as a volume control? I want to go fully balanced and a good balanced volume control costs as much as a DAC, so I'm trying to find a DAC which has a nice "knob" for volume. Also, how many steps does it have?
  8. H

Hi, does anyone have a manual? I wonder what is Sound Color 1 / Sound Color 2 / 3. etc in the website.
  9. H

Minimum Phase vs Linear Phase

Yes, I'm referring to the green spikes there. So you are saying that if we'd feed this DAC with a 192 kHz input, generated from 19 & 20 kHz sine wave, it'd also have the spikes?
  10. H

You are right, I tried it with a sweep and it gave very clean output. But then I'm confused, why do we see ultrasonic artifacts here? This is with a very high quality SoX resampling. Source
  11. H

I don't think it takes that much processing power (it's a few seconds after hitting delete), and a Raspberry Pi 4 is defintiely quite powerful these days. I think I'm just not getting something in the theoretical level. What would happen if we'd use a linear filter + remove ultrasonics manually?
  12. H

Yes, I'm using a -4 db headroom in software, even with this I almost never use my preamp's volume over 1-2 o'clock, so loosing possible max volume isn't really a problem. If the problem is loosing 1-2 bits of possible information, I'm not so concerned about it, I think there is still plenty if...
  13. H

And an other naive question: since this is all happening in the digital domain, why is it not an option to remove all ultrasonics after upsampling? In Adobe Audition I can select an area on the FFT graph and just press delete and those frequencies are then gone. Wouldn't this solve the problem...
  14. H

I have a quick question, without reading through the whole thread (sorry if it was answered alread): There are many devices now which have problems with their built-in filters, like balanced DACs from SMSL and Soncoz recently. Now my question is: if I'm only planning to use software based...
  15. H

> I assume that most of you have problems in getting clean DC current from the PC without ground loops through the USB C power linens. I can assure you that most of us are just happily listening with this DAC without any kind of problems with "clean DC current" or "ground loops through the USB...
  16. H

Measurements of Soncoz LA-QXD1 Pre-production "Evolution of KTE Board"

@Ben1987 I really want to oder this device, but that "Loniceraudio" is really hurting my eyes on @FreaK 's photos. I think it the past you said it's only a customization and won't be present on production units. But the one he bought from Audiophonics has this text. Is it something to do with...
  17. H

I have been using the KTB with my Macbook for like 6 months, being absolutely happy with the purchase. I'm just curious if the Pi 4's power delivery over USB ports is giving it any kind of issue or not.
  18. H

Hi, just to confirm, the KTB is happy with a Pi 4 when nothing else is connected? Official Pi power adapter -> Pi 4 -> KTB (both power and data on same cable)? I mean there is no need to absolutely overcomplicate the power delivery with soldered pins, external supplies, Y splitter cables, etc...
  19. H

Yes, I hope that luniceaudio won't be present on them. Otherwise they look super nice!
  20. H

Here is a 15m active USB printer cable from Ugreen: https://www.amazon.co.uk/UGREEN-Printer-Scanner-Lexmark-Samsung/dp/B01M19BPB2
Top Bottom