Search results

1. Get a hearing test

SONCOZ SGD1 Audio DAC Review

soncoz at 75% volume and you have 25% less volume, that might be it. Always have your dac at 100%? Is there a problem with 100%? Is it too hot sounding or something? Why woulld anyone use less than 100% im curious.
  2. Get a hearing test

Can we agree headphone amplifiers are solved?

Its true. The only difference on higher cost amp is more knobs and features and POWERRRRRRRRR. Having an option to fry your headphones is a nice feeling every time you turn the knob, just dont sneeze. Dacs seem to have done the same. 200 dollar headphone. 100 dollar amp 100 dollar dac gets you...
  3. Get a hearing test

Where Have All the Serious Audiophiles Gone?

My taste for good quality audio stays home when i walk out the door. I dont even notice how terrible the iems are when im more focused on not getting hit by passerby's. As long as its not truly awful sound, im not gonna care at all.
  4. Get a hearing test

HD6XX bass

Yes ill look into HE4XX once they solve the build quality somewhat. This could take maybe half a year i'd guess. Headphones casually falling apart on stationary listening is funny to say the least. Vibrations must be undoing the construction lmao.
  5. Get a hearing test

Planning to buy HD6XX, is on-board audio good enough?

Mobo will be just fine for now. But do look to add a dac, i can say khadas tone board is excellent. It made a bigger difference than adding atom amp. If i can plot the improvements in percentages in my case: I started by driving hd600 from a my pc mobo dac about 50% of the way there from an old...
  6. Get a hearing test

HD6XX bass

Will update when it gets here in 2 weeks to 3 months.
  7. Get a hearing test

HD6XX bass

Found only one quote on aliexpress with 1.6m cable for about 63 eur. The others cost about 42 eur shipping included but come with 2.2m cable. Assume those are the lesser versions. Gonna pull the trigger if this is the one...
  8. Get a hearing test

HD6XX bass

is it the Ultrasone Pro 900i version or pro 900. The whole point of bassy second is i dont care if its tonal or not as long as bass isnt boomy distorted cheap sounding mess. The treble is a concern, dont like ear piercing highs. Ill look into DT770, Custom One Pro, or Pro82 as recommends havent...
  9. Get a hearing test

HD6XX bass

What about these https://www.thomann.de/gb/ultrasone_pro_900i.htm Closed back. Down to 6hz. Sounds v shaped.
  10. Get a hearing test

Planning to buy HD6XX, is on-board audio good enough?

Onboard wont be good enough even if it has good audio implementation with good caps. As its just an afterthought even when its not. hd600 sounds good on a x99 but its so bland\flat once you hear it amped and with a good dac. atom+khadas tone board in my case.
  11. Get a hearing test

HD6XX bass

Not a bass head here as i love hd600 sound with atom/ktb. But i would like bassier secondary headphones from 50 to 300 eur. Would you recommend massdrop hifiman 4xx? Or is there something better for money. The build quality seems to be awful.
  12. Get a hearing test

This audio cable business is getting out of hand...

Have a baseline playlist that ive heard hundreds of times so when something is off in a bad way its easy to tell. Some notes were wrong and i dont even know how its technically possible. If cables were botched then isnt it likely only one side would sound bad? How likely is it that both cables...
  13. Get a hearing test

Expensive cables sounded like ass to me on first few listens. I might revisit them just to be sure again.
  14. Get a hearing test

Anyone find it far more rewarding listening to real physical CDs on a CD player, rather than using FLACs? And why do you find this?

Yeah, for some 3 clicks and some scrolling is bad enough. Some has to have some ritual of browsing a collection, picking a media of their choice, then reading the backside then the whole shebang of putting it in the device... playing it AAAAND then possibly moving 10 feet back to the couch. They...
  15. Get a hearing test

Anyone find it far more rewarding listening to real physical CDs on a CD player, rather than using FLACs? And why do you find this?

Sounds like nietzsche philosophy to me. The more suffering or arbitrary obstacles you have or put between yourself and the object of your desire, the more rewarding it is to finally have it. Its basic human psychology. We dont find it more rewarding, it is more rewarding because of how we're...
  16. Get a hearing test

ANIME.. Anyone?

I have, the animation is just not comparable to anything. Its so good. maybe mob psycho. Same animation studio?
  17. Get a hearing test

Best bang for buck system for driving HD650s

Or cleaning ear wax. A few drops of hydrogen peroxide 3-5% opens up highs so much you wouldnt believe.
  18. Get a hearing test

Already got sht for buying 5 cables. Besides cant tell a difference between 50 cent rca and 1.5 dollar one. 18 dollar one is the worst. Gonna try them on a speaker setup.
  19. Get a hearing test

Yes i've read that thats why i bought the cables just cuz they look and feel great. Didnt expect a dip in audio quality. I even played around with plugging left side with the 1.5 dollar cable and the right side with 18 dollar one, then swapped around in case headphone drivers were THAT different...
  20. Get a hearing test

hear up to 20khz on logarithmic whatever that is and 16.5khz on linear. Getting old sucks.
Top Bottom