Search results

1. G

What is considered a "good" preference rating?

What is considered a "good" preference rating, both with and without a subwoofer? Can certain preference rating clusters be grouped together to say these speakers generally perform about the same, or within reasonable audible thresholds? And if so, how should they be grouped?
  2. G

Is there any way to minimize bias in a blind test when you know which speakers are playing by hearing them?

I own quite a few speakers that I've listened to for years and am familiar with how they sound on a list of reference test tracks. Lately, I've been pondering trying to set up a blind test for myself as a way to pass the time when we should be staying indoors and socially distancing ourselves...
  3. G

Preference Rating and the case for subjective preference

There is no debate - Harman blind studies show that more neutral speakers were preferred over more colored speakers. But the studies didn't control for only frequency response; there were other variables that contributed to the lower ratings of the speakers that already were less neutral...
  4. G

Recommendation for neutral, small, budget speaker?

I haven't seen measurements for it, but the QA 3020 comes to mind for a small neutral budget (around $300 or less) speaker. Does anyone else have any recommendations or thoughts?
  5. G

Do any of you enjoy speakers with bad measurements?

So I have a pair of Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand that objectively, measure pretty bad; however, to use old subjective cliches, they sound very "musical" to me and I do enjoy listening to music on them. Being a frequent reader (and mostly a lurker) of this forum has led me to consider a...
Top Bottom