Search results

1. Wes

Magnepan LRS Speaker Review

my post is not about quantum anything - I just pointed out that science has certain requirements
  2. Wes

glad you used "interpretation" and not theory or hypothesis - it is not physics, not science and belongs in the philosophy dept. (to borrow a comment from an anti-string guy)
  3. Wes

Some Names for Speakers

some Wilsons could be renamed "Alien Predator"
  4. Wes

Is COVID strategy moving towards herd-immunity?!

a very bad idea - information can save lives the problem is the dis-information
  5. Wes

can you explain how this makes sense?
  6. Wes

Some Names for Speakers

Screaming Banshee
  7. Wes

Some Names for Speakers

Sondage Muerte
  8. Wes

KEF's New Tech is Real

KEF should have used the name "para' and then followed up with "meta" - the last version could be "para" then start over with the LS55 or 60
  9. Wes

Some Names for Speakers

Post your suggestions for names of new speakers. I'll start... The RT60 The Standing Wave
  10. Wes

Human vs speaker tests, conducted in same location?

recent tests... how recent? I've seen a couple on youtube
  11. Wes

I'd say that a dipole is better and worse than a cone/box speaker... Speakers are flawed in numerous ways, unlike say electronics - or at least to a much greater degree than electronics. You have to pick the best sounding, or least bad sounding, mix of things in a multi-variate factor space...
  12. Wes

Umm .... okay ...

I need a DAC that won't drive me crazy Some DAC that knows the meaning of, ah- Hey hit the highway! Well I've been walking the streets in the evenin' Racin' through the circuit jungle at night I'm so confused, my mind is indifferent Hey - I'm so weak, won't somebody shut off that light...
  13. Wes

people are studying mutations of this virus, but I have heard nothing as of yet about changes in virulence
  14. Wes

Quite true - this review reminds me of people trying to "take the laboratory into the field" in certain areas of physiology. It has been done with heat exchange studies, energetics, and endocrinology (in the latter, samples of tears could be taken right after an animal is captured with no harm...
  15. Wes

do you have specifics on how it was 'blown'??
  16. Wes

Can amplifier speed and resolution be measured?

How often is slew rate measured when the amp is driving a difficult speaker load?
  17. Wes

I agree with that. I compared Maggie 1.5's to Vandersteen 2's for several months in an apt. I had - no TV, listening every night. The Vandies had better bass but I ultimately sold them and kept the Maggies. I now have 3.7i's which are much better than the 1.5s. I've never heard anything...
  18. Wes

That sounds like BS to me. What quantitative proof do you have? It is obvious that Germany, and many Asian nations have done well - I don't dispute that.
  19. Wes

I wonder how many people have owned Maggies - or small Maggies - and gotten rid of them for a cone based speaker?
Top Bottom