Search results

1. Cahudson42

MQA: A Review of controversies, concerns, and cautions

Possibly a simplistic view, but when we are still dealing with 1%>5%>10% transducer distortion, to be fixated on MQA and it's 0.000000005 % whatever possible ' improvements seems a complete waste of time, money, engineering, and whatever other resources. A solution in search of a problem if...
  2. Cahudson42

ErinsAudioCorner

Great! Thanks! Hopefully, Erin will not again tie this to Facebook. Not another dime to Schmuckerberg for me. The world would be a far better place without Facebook IMO. Just my view.. From an old f--t..
  3. Cahudson42

Recommendation for budget DAC + Headphone Amp + Preamp under $500

Why the need for an all-in-one? Lots more choices if you might consider paired discretes.. Might gain performance and/or save a bit.. For example, for $110 there is the 'all-in-one' Qudelix 5k. Has a 10- band PEQ for optimising your speaker and/or HP response, and room corrections. Nice...
  4. Cahudson42

MQA: A Review of controversies, concerns, and cautions

But watch for DRM to be wormed in..
  5. Cahudson42

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

Or an LG Rebel tracFone. Qualcomm Snapdragon. Android 8. 2.4g wifi. Touch screen.. BT. replaceable battery. microSD, USB OTG capability..$29
  6. Cahudson42

SMSL SU-9 Balanced DAC Review

Personally, I have trouble seeing the value for $440.. Maybe two years ago..ok. But today I think a good case can be made 'DAC solved' for $200 and under.. Now if it had included an L30 equivalent HP amp, and a 10-band PEQ...maybe.. Even so, Qudelix 5k ($110) + L30 ($140) = $250 = lesser SINAD...
  7. Cahudson42

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Deal! Please check PayPal receipt for confirmation. Thanks, Amir!
  8. Cahudson42

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Qudelix 5k. Please! Pretty Please:)
  9. Cahudson42

What items have you NOT purchased as a result of ASR?

Just about to purchase a miniDSP IL-DSP when ASR post(s) advised PEQ implementation was defective. Couple weeks later PEQ became available on Qudelix. Purchased. Happy camper :)
  10. Cahudson42

Edifier R1280T Powered Speaker Review

Teardown might be interesting. As would voltage measurements at each transducer during a fr sweep to uncover any DSP applied..
  11. Cahudson42

Advice to improve my current system (moved to amazon music hd service)

To open a completely new can of worms, you 'could' use a Qudelix 5k ($109) as a bt front end to your main amp via it's 3.5mm analog out, and, say, LDAC bt to a control device that ' may' support it. (Say an LG G7/V20/V30 phone used as a DAP). You then run Amazon Music, at resolution received on...
  12. Cahudson42

As a new member, just in case you have not seen Amir's review of the Blue sound: https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-bluesound-node-2i-streamer.6631/ By today's standards, DAC performance leaves something to be desired, certainly compared to the...
  13. Cahudson42

For something easy to use, keep in mind that if you use an Amazon Alexa recognizable device as the Amazon Music source with, say an E30, you will be able to easily cast to it from any other Alexa enabled device. Example: Amazon Fire 8" tablet, "Show" mode>3 wire charging OTG cable>E30>power amp...
  14. Cahudson42

Cheaper Surround Speakers to pair with Revel F208 and C208

+1 on the R162. But they seem temporarily Oos on the Harmon website . However, the R152 and RS152 wall mounts are available at $200/pr. https://www.harmanaudio.com/loudspeakers/REFERENCE+152.html Erin over at erinsaudiocorner recently Kippel-tested the Neumi BS5 at only $90/pr. Tested very well...
  15. Cahudson42

ErinsAudioCorner

Possibly could lead to improvements. Happened before: https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/dennis-murphy-pioneer-sp-bs22-lr-diy-modifications.610820/ Perhaps a current question (mine at least) where such driver measurements might lead to improvements - the much discussed Infinity...
  16. Cahudson42

ErinsAudioCorner

So, with all respect, and absolutely no intent to flame or otherwise cause a problem - we forgo perhaps extremely interesting tests because the sponsor might be unhappy? I'm reminded of amir's earlier Schitt reviews. Eventually, Schitt took the negatives and learned from them. Product improved...
  17. Cahudson42

ErinsAudioCorner

Yep. I will never do Facebook. Not another penny to Zuckerberg. Ever.
  18. Cahudson42

ErinsAudioCorner

No no no! Can I send you an iron? Easy peezy..really! Nothing should get hurt. It's no worse than removing from the cabinet..
  19. Cahudson42

ErinsAudioCorner

Future test - no one better than Erin to test both Revel SB acoustics, Performa3, PerformaBe/Chinese clone(?) and for good measure, Infinity R263 woofers - that I really would like to see. Super shootout!
  20. Cahudson42

Best closed-back headphones, $200-$300

I use the LG Rebel strictly as a portable DAP. My main DAP, sitting on the desktop, is an LG V20 bought nib for $120 about a year ago. The Rebel has 2 limitations. 2.4g wifi only. 32gb SD card. But it does have a SnapDragon Qualcomm chipset, replaceable battery - even a decent 3.5mm audio...
Top Bottom