Search results for query: smsl

1. blackgate

Opinion on Topping SMSL

I would so very much like to purchase one of these upper-end Topping/SMSL DACs. However, my only concern is the many posts I have read where the user begins my stating how wonderful the DAC sounded, only to turn it on one day and it’s dead. Or other users stating they received their DAC...
  2. Rhamnetin

Poll for SMSL ES9039 DAC Owners

Inspired by this thread, I wanted to start this poll after having conversations with numerous owners of SMSL DACs featuring one of the ESS Sabre ES9039 series DACs that died very premature deaths. The applicable SMSL DACs are: SMSL D-6s SMSL DL200 SMSL SU-9 Pro SMSL DO400 SMSL D400ES SMSL SU-X...
  3. P

SMSL A50 Pro 3-channel amp

Not sure if this amp has been discussed here before, if yes please delete this thread I have just come across with this new amp from SMSL, the SMSL A50 Pro It is a 3-channel amp with a full adjustable crossover (both LPF and HPF) using the MA12070P chipset. Also DAC and BT integrated, there is...
  4. Iridist

AMP/DAC stacks that also have a Speaker AMP?

...(KEF Q150's). So far I've considered the Topping E30 II/L30 II Stack, JDS Atom 2 Stack, and Schiit Modi/Magni Stack. But then I came across the SMSL DO100, HO100, and AO100 stack (DAC, Headphone AMP, and Speaker AMP), which looks way more uniform than a amp/dac + a seperate speaker amp. Are...
  5. V

SMSL DO100 PRO - HDMI ARC DAC

https://www.smsl-audio.com/portal/product/detail/id/866.html Rotary knob, balanced, largish 7 segment display, decent specs. It is as if Topping and SMSL are toying with us, one has PEQ, one has HDMI ARC. V
  6. A

PS5+ smsl po100pro and….?

Hi, I would like to improve the sound quality of the PS5 console, I came up with the idea of buying SMSL Po100Pro. I would like to ask you for help in choosing the end device to which the dt999 Home Edition 250 ohm and super lux hd668 headphones will be connected (they play nice for such a cheap...
  7. Platypus20

SMSL SU-1 Arrived From Australia

The SMSL SU-1 DAC arrived today, from the ASR member in Australia Thank You), arrived today. It was packaged perfectly, and arrive in perfect condition. I’m now using it with the DVD/CD player I used before my Cambridge CXC v2 arrived. I’ve been playing cds for a couple of hours (currently Rick...
  8. C

SMSL-SU1 connection method to Raspberry Pi 4B, optimal one.

...quality, compare of what I heard when playing FLAC on PC. Times have changed and I somehow came to the need for an external DAC. I hooked up an SMSL SU-01 to it with a coax, and it was a real game changer..... So I feel involved in something new to me. Took the Raspberry Pi 4B that I have and...
  9. MajorMajorMajorMajor

SMSL DO200 Alternative

...one-or-two piece DAC/streaming system with balanced outputs, Coaxial in and Bluetooth capability. Do you have any options? I bought the SMSL DO200 MKII and when playing on Bluetooth it cut out so badly, making a static noise, and then wasn't connecting. Then the coaxial stopped working...
  10. L

Smsl sound color differences

Hi all SMSL Su9 ultra have several sound color SOUND COLOR SOUND 1(5.6M) SOUND 2(5.6M) SOUND 3(11M) SOUND 4(11M) Can someone please explain me the differences ? Thanks
  11. J

SMSL Output low

I have a SMSL do200mkii it gives me outstanding results. I use it to listen to CD's from my Sony 400 cd Player. I use the optical input. My problem is with the DAC volume at maximum I have to have my amplifier at about half volume to get 87 to 92 db volume from my Klipsch floor standing speaker...
  12. T

FS (AU/Worldwide): SMSL SU-1 DAC

For sale is an SMSL SU-1 DAC. Top performing DAC, as reviewed here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/smsl-su-1-stereo-dac-review.44029/ BNIB. Inspected but unused. Excellent condition. Original purchase price US$80 All reasonable offers considered. Original box...
  13. D

SMSL WMV D1se2 IR problem, anyone ?

Hi Guys, I recently bought a SMSL D1se2 with the "newer' ES9039Pro and it sound amazing, a bit more yet thru the i2S connection. But I am having a very annoying problem with the IR. Absolutely EVERY other remote control I use besides it´s own changes the dac inputs. Even the autofocus of the...
  14. M

Deciding between FiiO K11 and SMSL M300 SE

Hey need to pick a dac with digital optical input and headphones jack out. These two seem good value around 120 euros, I saw in a post the SMSL M300 SE have a popping sound, didn't find anything about the K11's
  15. LegionOfHell

SMSL M3 vs Sabaj PHA2

Between SMSL M3 and Sabaj PHA2, Which one has more power ?
  16. Centuriaromano

SMSL SU-X with 2x ES9039MSPRO

Please Amir I need the review for the new SMSL DAC SU-X with 2xES9039MS PRO. Cheers. https://www.smsl-audio.com/portal/product/detail/id/859.html
  17. Wendigo79

SMSL DO100, Unit to unit variation?

Hello! I have been wonderin about unit to unit variation in SMSL dacs. I cannot escape the feeling that my DO100 sounds different when I use it trough USB or Toslink. If I use USB, the sound if "dry, hard, compressed and loud". So it sounds like having some distortion. It sounds still OK, but...
  18. amirm

SMSL D400 Pro Balanced DAC Review

This is a review and detailed measurements of the SMSL D400 Pro balanced stereo DAC with Bluetooth support. It was sent to me by the company and costs US $619. The scalloped front together with the high resolution and bright display make this one of the most beautiful products SMSL has...
  19. M

smsl do200 mkii or smsl M500 mkiii?

i have the smsl ao200; smsl ho200 and smsl do200 mkii right now. but i am thinking, having smsl m500 mkiii instead of do200 mkii will have a better sound overall?
  20. C

Connect iPhone 12 to SMSL SU1

The heading sounds simple enough, but it's been nothing short of a nightmare! All I have at this point is the iPhone and the SMSL SU1 DAC. I need to connect the 2 in order to send the analog signal from the DAC to my audio amplifier. One problem that I encounter, is that I can't use the USB C...
Top Bottom