Search results

1. maxxevv

Topping DX7 Pro DAC and Headphone Amp Reviewed

You tried a different cable or a different USB port on your computer yet ? I have such an issue with one of my computer's USB ports as its a little loose. I previously had a similar issue which turned out to be a spotty USB cable with intermittent issues.
  2. maxxevv

Best Sounds for $400-$600 budget DAC/AMP

If you look at the impedance and phase of the headphone of the Aeon Closed, it doesn't change at all, completely flat. So it should not be affected https://www.stereophile.com/content/mrspeakers-aeon-closed-back-headphones-measurements Chances are, what you heard was really just the A50...
  3. maxxevv

The Aeon a planar magnetic headphone. As far as things go, the vast majority of planars are not affected by the output impedance of their plugged in sources. The Oppo's were the rare exceptions.
  4. maxxevv

You didn't say you were talking about Canadian currency in your budget. But you can get the DX7Pro for close to CAN$700 whenever there is a sale. Nope, the DX7S is not nearly as refined as the 7Pro.
  5. maxxevv

DX7Pro. It basically has everything you are looking at and more.
  6. maxxevv

WolfX700 Measurement of Topping L30 Headphone Amp

I think it will be easier to enable the transformer with a removable adapter cable like what most laptop power adapters have. That will be way easier to mount at the end point for users as they can change the cable length as well as socket end if they need to. Its the same issue I have the JDS...
  7. maxxevv

Desktop Active Speaker Recommendations

Maybe its the ambient noise in my room. I almost never use it in the evenings when its a lot quieter. Possibly that's why I don't pick up the hiss. My background is probably noisier than the hiss. Edit : To add, I just tried it and yes, there is a hiss but not something I can hear / pick up...
  8. maxxevv

I run the 306p too. But I don't have any obvious hiss at about 3~4 feet. Try turning down its volume dial 2 notches. Mine is set at around that as I don't need the full power anyway.
  9. maxxevv

I run the 306P with the Khadas Tone Board mostly, though sometimes I connect it to my balanced DAC. They are definitely not what I would call desktop, unless you have a decently big desktop ! (Check the dimensions ...they are significantly bigger than the 305p !) That being said, they have...
  10. maxxevv

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

Is it from the wires or from the circuit board? If its from the board, perhaps can look at shielding in the form of high frequency shield meshes. The are pretty inexpensive in raw cloth mesh form. Some use it to shield smart cards and RFID chips from unauthorized tapping. Perhaps you can...
  11. maxxevv

WolfX700 Measurement of Topping L30 Headphone Amp

If you're coming from the JDS Atom, its probably the difference in volume outputs while tested. On IEMs, even a 0.3~0.5 dB difference can make a noticeable difference. Something you cannot discern by hand or ear accurately. Unless you physically match the output voltage values with a...
  12. maxxevv

Foobar or JRiver

I think a good solution would include search terms, not just artistes + composers + year Since listing more than 1 artiste as separate terms seems to be not available. I've not seen anything that has the option of creating columns in the sorting that allows for custom search terms though.
  13. maxxevv

Foobar or JRiver

A friend has 27 recordings of Beethoven's Violin Concerto. I have 6 versions of Tchaikovsky's Violin Concerto. The tagging with separate artistes, composers, years become very important. Sometimes, even that fails as you may have 1 artiste with 2 versions of the same composition with...
  14. maxxevv

Sabaj D5 - Owners' Thread

Actually under the JAS list of brands and companies, SABAJ is registered under its parent company Shuangmusanlin. Or otherwise better known as SMSL. https://www.jas-audio.or.jp/english/hi-res-logo-en/use-situation-en The odd thing is that the list seems a bit backdated as I cannot find...
  15. maxxevv

Is COVID strategy moving towards herd-immunity?!

You made a claim. You back it up.
  16. maxxevv

Which published, peer reviewed paper said that ?
  17. maxxevv

Review and Measurements of E1DA 9038S BAL Portable DAC & Amp

I have been to Kelowna, BC some 20 years ago. Gorgeous greenery !
  18. maxxevv

Guess you don't quite get the idea that the virus mutates, and mutates quite rapidly as we see multiple identifiable strains from different continents in the space of 6~7 months. As I explained in my previous reply to the idea of herd immunity, 70% population infection rates that needs to be...
  19. maxxevv

So you're will be perfectly fine if it hits and "martyrs" say 10% of your immediate family and friends ? Or even yourself for the "greater good" ??
  20. maxxevv

What are the most expensive headphones you own or have listened to?

The more expensive I have tried ? Focal Utopia, Abyss Phi, Raal SR1a, Stax SR009, Hifiman Susvara, Arya, Jade II, Meze Empyrean, Focal Stellia. HD800, HD800S, HD820. Favourite ? SR1a. In terms of closed type ones, the Focal Stellia and the HD820 are both good in their own ways. But for...
Top Bottom