Search results

1. Jimster480

Topping D10s USB DAC and Bridge Review

Now my OG DX7 has been beaten with the lowest end part.... the D10... Audio has become like CPU's! My DX7 is barely 3 years old and it has been outdone... I would love if Amir would retest the OG DX7 on the "new" / current test bench.
  2. Jimster480

Review and Measurements of SMSL M8 DAC

It might be an upgrade but I would wait for Amir to review one first.
  3. Jimster480

Pioneer XPA-700 Portable Headphone Amp & DAC Review

Overall I think that the Topping NX4 DSD is a better product for a third of the price.
  4. Jimster480

Review and Measurements of SMSL M8 DAC

There are so many good options in the price tier of $200-250. Even the Topping D50/D50S at $250 is a killer option. You have JDS with the Element DAC, Schiit has a new DAC in that price range too. Geshelli has 2 DAC's in that price range. All of them are chart-toppers and are more than...
  5. Jimster480

Fosi Audio HD-A1 Budget Amplifier Review

The performance is just ATROCIOUS. You should test out that cheap topping speaker amp and see if its any better. I think its like the TP60?
  6. Jimster480

Review and Measurements of DACPort HD and Dragonfly Red

That isn't too bad if you figure that you are going to have to be listening at max volume for that long.
  7. Jimster480

Dosmix Headphone Dongle Review

This isn't even close to competitive.... There is so little power aswell that you might as well just use whatever headphone jack you have.
  8. Jimster480

AudioQuest Victoria Audio Cable with DBS Review

What else is new.... most everything I have seen from AudioQuest is just a money lifting joke. This is even worse than Schiit
  9. Jimster480

Review and Measurements of LG G5 Hi-Fi Plus DAC/Amp

Ah yea see that isnt available for shipping to the USA. It doesn't seem to really be available at all in the USA.
  10. Jimster480

Review and Measurements of Cyrus soundKey DAC

I don't disagree lol. If the dongle is better than your laptop and you are fine with the performance then you are fine with it. Even if it wasn't great its only like $80 vs $2500. There are alot of good dongles now for low prices, so you can upgrade this dongle now if you still have it
  11. Jimster480

Review and Measurements of Cyrus soundKey DAC

Audio doesn't scale linearly like that. The poor SINAD of this device makes it just a poor device. Its definitely possible that your laptop is worse all around (especially in the amp department) and therefore this sounds "much better" but it doesnt make it good by any stretch of the imagination.
  12. Jimster480

I looked around but didn't see it on ebay.
  13. Jimster480

Can you link me to one? I searched for LG G5 Hi-fi Plus DAC and didn't find it.
  14. Jimster480

So is the one out now a homebrew solution of the original implementation or what?
  15. Jimster480

Schiit Asgard 3 Headphone Amp & DAC

I don't disagree. Even with my "heavy planars" I dont need more than 11 oclock volume on my Geshelli Archel2 Pro on low gain for most music. However if I am listening to some streamed live news broadcast with horrible audio I might use like 2 oclock. But this isn't the fault of the amp, just the...
  16. Jimster480

Yes basically everything about the company is toilet jokes. Including the performance of many of its product which can be considered to be "in the toilet".
  17. Jimster480

Once you have 95+db its hard to hear a difference with most content. That is also true. There are definitely worse options for more money.
  18. Jimster480

Ah I realize that its actually 300ohm here. When I first saw the graph I thought it was 32 ohm not 300 ohm.... had a brain fart I guess. That is a decent amount of power for 300 ohm considering the price. Not sure if anyone would need that much power but its always nice to have!
Top Bottom