Search results

1. BDWoody

Double Blind tests *did* show amplifiers to sound different

Exactly... Waiting for someone to actually do more than claim it.
  2. BDWoody

The sound quality of DSD?

Because someone somewhere told them they were supposed to.
  3. BDWoody

Fiio Q5s Portable DAC & THX Headphone Amp Review

Thank you for sending it in. Your pain = others gain.
  4. BDWoody

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

Of course not. Ergonomics, connections, features...
  5. BDWoody

Physical media vrs steaming

Which means what, in terms of what I might hear? Let's say that I have a vey reliable 500+ mbps internet connection to start with.
  6. BDWoody

Physical media vrs steaming

Beyond having a high enough speed, what else is going to impact sound quality? Are different connections going to sound different, assuming they are all fast enough? When you say 'streaming protocol,' are you talking about lossy compression or something else? I've never heard a...
  7. BDWoody

Having a Feeling of Shame Gives Rise to Courage--SMSL M500 V2

I use both the USB and the Toslink connections, and haven't noticed a difference.
  8. BDWoody

Why not review some Hegel amps?

It is a great feature of this site. No advertising, No cherry-picked samples (from member sent items), pure honesty from measured results. It is interesting to see the varied reactions from the manufacturers who have a product reviewed that might have shown some embarrassing design issues...
  9. BDWoody

Having a Feeling of Shame Gives Rise to Courage--SMSL M500 V2

My comment would be that none of that is needed. Where you read that 'the better DAC's' effectively deal with incoming jitter, a better DAC in this case would be any that are considered competent. It's been a while (older Schiit DAC's?) since I remember reading about jitter handling being a...
  10. BDWoody

Advent Model 300 Vintage Receiver Review

Exactly what I thought of... Lots of years reading Flying! Looked at one, ended up with a Seneca II.
  11. BDWoody

New JBL 4349 Speakers

$1k each when they go on B-Stock sale a few times a year. The 705p's go for $500. They've got to do something with the returns I suppose. Never saw a scratch on any of mine.
  12. BDWoody

New JBL 4349 Speakers

I agree. I think a pair of 708P's for $2k is an amazing value, and I'll need something actually worth upgrading to. No issues or complaints from the nine 7 series speakers (6-705p's, 3-708p's) I have. Based on their performance, I'd have no problem trying another JBL. 12" woofer. Yes please.
  13. BDWoody

New JBL 4349 Speakers

I wonder if these may go on the periodic Harmon/JBL (half price B-Stock) sale... Might be a worthy upgrade from the 708P's. I've been very happy with them, but something less FUGLY might not be terrible.
  14. BDWoody

Review and Measurements of Chromecast Audio Digital Output

I doubt most will care what you have observed. It's more about the 'how' of the observing, than the what. You know...that uncontrolled thing...
  15. BDWoody

Review and Measurements of CHORD Qutest DAC

Actually, this site is one of the best for different Informed points of view. For those who choose to come in with guns blazing but are shooting blanks, the forum will generally let them know. How they respond is up to them. You've decided that for lots of reasons, none of them having...
  16. BDWoody

Mark Levinson No 360S DAC Review

For the most part, what gets reviewed is what gets sent in from members. If you pick one up, I hope you'll send it in for review.
Top Bottom