Search results

1. D

Fiio Q5s Portable DAC & THX Headphone Amp Review

https://www.fiio.com/q5s_parameters Here are Fiio's own measurements... unfortunately looks like they kinda correlate with what was shown here. So even in "ideal" manufacturer test conditions not that great.
  2. D

This measures so badly that I can't help but think there was defect, or the settings were misconfigured.
  3. D

There is still a place for analog portable amplifiers I think.. analog input offers more flexibility and compatibility where USB can be annoying on some phones, and also doesn't consume battery. I really like my A5 and I wish Fiio still made it so I could recommend it to people. I also think the...
  4. D

FiiO A5 desktop?

The fiio a5 specifically it is not recommended. The USB power input is unfiltered and the battery charging circuit has problems with overcharging if you leave it turned on while plugged in. Ultimately just get a small desktop amp instead such as Atom. Way more powerful
  5. D

Geshelli Archel2 Headphone AMP Review: another champ?

WOW this is an insane combo. Archel2 Pro and Beyerdynamic T1 Gen 2. The treble peak all but disappears with this amp.. idk how but it just does and is sibilant no longer. And the cleanliness and resolution of the Geshelli really shines through, with bass that's super tight and slappy. I have an...
  6. D

Ah, good to know. I figured that was probably the case but my experience with the 252 made me question it. Tho Stax are pretty different, and most lower-tier energizers are generally underpowered.
  7. D

What is the internal converter's rating? I'm asking because I have a Stax SRM-252 which says it uses 4W and the stock brick is 400mA, however when I attach a 3A power supply it sounds noticeably better in bass and dynamics. I don't currently have extremely hard to drive headphones to test the...
  8. D

Has anyone tried using a higher amperage power brick with the Archel2 Pro? Does it improve its performance for headphones that push it to its limits? For example, the iFi iPower 12v adapter that can put out 1.8A instead of the stock brick's 0.5A.
  9. D

Burson FUN Headphone Amp Review

Can you do a 32-tone test under load? Or wideband distortion by frequency.
  10. D

Ah, I'm running a splitter out of the phone into both of my amps for AB comparison, and the cable hooked up to the Archel is flat and grey and blends with my bedsheets :) you can see it under the headphone cable.
  11. D

Whoo, it arrived! Pretty pleased with it so far. Comparing level matched via multimeter to my Fiio A5, there is more resolution and depth. Lifts a sort of "veil" that I'd occasionally noticed on the A5 with certain headphones, and now with more scrutiny and a better amp for comparison I realize...
  12. D

ifi DC iPurifier Power Filter Review

Briefly considered getting something like this for USB to use with my fiio a5, which does indeed show audible noise from crappy USB ports depending on how bad they are. But I can reduce noise to inaudible levels just the same by using a quality wall charger or battery bank.
  13. D

Review and Measurements of WesionTEK Khadas Tone Board DAC

Hm, apodizing looks like it cuts off earlier than the linear. Is there any knowledge on what exactly the "apodizing" means/does on newer ESS chips? It appears to be a fast linear filter that exhibits a slightly wavy frequency response through the treble up to 20k. But I have no clue what exactly...
  14. D

Sounds promising. I'm not that sure about the apodizing filter because on my shanling m0 i think i prefer the standard fast linear over it, but the m0 is also a lower end chip and sound sub par even next to apple dongle in terms of timbre and accuracy. Reaching all the way to DC current on the...
  15. D

Does anybody have full frequency response measurements of Khadas Tone Board down below 20hz and into ultrasonics? I would like to see filter behavior and whether there is droop below 20hz. I've only been able to find 20-20k measurements. Also, any ultrasonic noise measurements?
  16. D

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

Anyone have problems getting apple dongle to play at 44100hz under Linux? Using Ubuntu 18.04. I tried configuring PulseAudio every which way and it is refusing to work. avoid-resampling on, avoid-resampling off and both default and alternate rates set to 44100, returning config file to defaults...
  17. D

Fiio A5 Portable Headphone Amp Review

Got mine back, man I almost forgot what I've been missing after using integrated only (and apple dongle) for a month :) Much better dynamics when I'm not pushing tiny integrated dac/amps to their limits
  18. D

Ooh, exciting.
  19. D

I actually used it with my Geekout 1000's 4V output on several occasions :) but I get your point. I'm assuming it will flatten out until clipping like the high gain graph does
  20. D

I guess that makes sense. The other thing I was wondering about was why you didn't test the low gain mode power past 100mW. It should be able to accept more voltage input and the 789 amp used as reference is in fact tested all the way into clipping at all gains.. Unrealistic scenario for...
Top Bottom