Search results

1. MC_RME

PEACE clipping meter question!

Another one to consider: https://sound.stackexchange.com/questions/24981/why-is-my-cutting-equalizer-increasing-output-level
  2. MC_RME

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Yes, the ref levels and therefore the behaviour is identical. The older models just had everything shifted a bit down as the DAC has 3 dB less SNR.
  3. MC_RME

Step 3: This menu entry no longer exists. You activated and assigned Remap Keys already in Step 1.
  4. MC_RME

RME Babyface Pro FS Portable Interface Review

The BF Pro manual is correct.
  5. MC_RME

Audiophiles Rejoice: The Nyquist–Shannon sampling theorem actually proves high-res audio is real and works

You don't. They are damn loud and peaking in your ear. Just go to the next music shop, sit down at the drum set and hit them. Cymbals on recordings are heavily equallized to sound 'nice'.
  6. MC_RME

Headphone ext cable help

I disagree - this is an unbalanced headphone extension cable. To minimize crosstalk the ground in it must be as low resistance as possible. Using the StarQuad as explained in the pics and in the OP's post is the absolute right way to go. @MorningDrew: Hollow sound means out of phase, so you...
  7. MC_RME

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

Indeed the current DAC and Pro have 4 dB of intersample peak headroom. For the unit reviewed here you have to ask Okto Research. ESS chips usually have 0 (zero) ISP headroom, unless one trades SNR against ISP (by attenuating the digital signal, as done in the Oppo 205). But that doesn't change...
  8. MC_RME

Okto dac8 stereo DAC Review

If I understood you correctly then yes, the APx has different noise levels on different output levels. There is hardware ranging on both input and output which can drive one crazy. For example the studio standard level of +24 dBu will get much worse measurement results as when just measuring +22...
  9. MC_RME

Matthias replies to Matias: No, not at all. Level changes happen prior to the output driver.
  10. MC_RME

Review and Measurements of Benchmark HPA4 Headphone Amp/Pre

I take it that you compare the number given in the ADI-2 DAC manual. Here are more details: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/rme-adi-2-fs-version-2-dac-and-headphone-amp-review.13379/post-441253
  11. MC_RME

I did not want to spoil John Siau's thread so I put it here. As far as I know Amir has never measured (or published) crosstalk measurements of the ADI-2 DAC. The manual says better than 120 dB, and we mean it. This is the current ADI-2 DAC V2 measured in a way that is comparable to Amir's...
  12. MC_RME

Well, this thread is about the V2, and there you can crank up volume to +2.5 dB without overload...as described in its manual.
  13. MC_RME

PS Audio Noise Harvester AC Cleaner Review

You are right, they indeed don't rely on current running through them.
  14. MC_RME

The Greenwavefilters have an output socket, so they seem to be normal filters like the ones TA240 showed. I am still astonished that these can filter within the audioband to make an audible difference with that EMI meter. Maybe the EMI meter takes ultrasonic noise and shifts it down to audible...
  15. MC_RME

Uh oh - HiFi sounds better in Europe than in the states. I KNEW it! :p
  16. MC_RME

JDS Labs Atom DAC Review

Let me say it as I understood this statement: the AKM chips do not scale the filter cut-off frequency with sample rate. That is wrong. Measuring at 44.1 and 48 kHz gives two different results, in both frequency response as well as the above noise based out-of-band measurement.
  17. MC_RME

Review and Measurements of RME ADI-2 Pro (comparison to ADI-2 DAC)

Sorry, no. Such a unit would be too expensive to become a commercial success.
  18. MC_RME

Review and Measurements of RME ADI-2 Pro (comparison to ADI-2 DAC)

Mic preamps indeed need more space and make the unit more expensive. Same for adding 48V. But there is no space left on the PCB. Point is most users don't need that. And adding mic pres also would mean adding TotalMix for monitoring. That's a different unit then.
Top Bottom