Search results

1. March Audio

Slight Buzz RCA to XLR

Well I have given out advice before but I confess I am becoming less inclined to sort out other manufacturers f ups.
  2. March Audio

Slight Buzz RCA to XLR

They have wired that entirely wrong. Even twisted the speakers wires incorrectly. Nice touch with the mains wires running right over the voltage regulators.
  3. March Audio

The frailty of Sighted Listening Tests

This did make me laugh. You have just confirmed the whole reason to do blind testing. The purpose of the test is to assess sound quality not aesthetics. Once you have an accurate impression of sound quality you can still make a decision as to whether it is aesthetically acceptable to you. If...
  4. March Audio

Double Blind tests *did* show amplifiers to sound different

Aaahhh, the "there are things we don't know yet" clause.:facepalm: These are always the same people who are looking for something to justify their own subjective experiences. They always miss the point (or refuse to accept) that their own subjective experiences are extremely likely to be faulty...
  5. March Audio

Slight Buzz RCA to XLR

A secondary issue may be that the nc1200 amp is not correctly wired inside. We have seen a number of amps on ASR that are not. Do a search on "pin 1 problem" https://www.ranecommercial.com/legacy/note165.html
  6. March Audio

Diffusing 1st reflections of speakers that measure great on and off-axis - instead of absorbing

I hear what you are saying however being cardioid or directional (as far as is practically achievable) is still unlikely to stop much of the reflections that are happening in a domestic room. As jj says the timbre of the reflections is important so in my view you are stuck with sorting the...
  7. March Audio

Review and Measurements of Hypex NC400 DIY Amp

Yes, this is further clarified in the Purifi docs saying don't do that.
  8. March Audio

Ultimate 1ET400A Purifi Amplifier sonic shootout - €820 to €8,344

Why only +7dBu? I would use a higher settting. Anyway +7dBu is 1.73 volts rms. You will require 27.8dB gain to get the Purifi to max output into 4 ohms. That would leave you no latitude for quieter recordings that dont hit 0dBFS.
  9. March Audio

Ideas for Building a New Flat Plate Measurement Rig

The Primo capsules might work well https://micbooster.com/12-primo-microphone-capsules
  10. March Audio

Review and Measurements of Hypex NC400 DIY Amp

The Hypex ncxxxmp modules are ground referenced so it wouldn't be a problem for them. As such I would expect so is the nc400. I will try and find out for sure. However personally I think it makes much more sense to use the line level inputs on the sub, lower noise etc.
  11. March Audio

March Audio HPA1

Yep, I had the 150 in one :)
  12. March Audio

Did you audition nc500 vs nc500mp or nc502"

With respect, you are wrong. The designs are not "chip" based. NC502MP on right,, PSU, buffer amp and NC500 on left. The NC500MP is a single channel version of the NC502MP. Again integrated buffer and PSU. As you can see its just a truncated version of the NC502MP
  13. March Audio

Any issues when pairing Purifi or Hypex class D amps with home cinema AVR?

Wrong conclusion. You need to stay away from single ended components. This problem doesnt exist with just RCA to balanced (where you can solve it with the correct cable) it exists with RCA to RCA where you cant solve it. It doesnt exist at all with balanced to balanced.
  14. March Audio

Did you audition nc500 vs nc500mp or nc502"

Hi Just to clarify the 2 different Hypex products. The NC500 module is a mono single channel power amplifier only. It requires the addition of an audio input buffer amplifier and power supply by the manufacturer. Performance can vary dependant on the quality of these two additional items...
  15. March Audio

RF getting into an amp (any amp not just class d) can cause issues, demodulation or dc offsets. There is a specific further potential issue (unlikely but possible) with class d where RF noise (external or from say a dac) can intermodulate with the switching signal and create in band noise. So...
  16. March Audio

I have had a few emails and questions regarding this result today :) Some general comments, you shouldnt use a RCA to XLR adaptor like this. Any noise currents flowing in the RCA screen will be seen by the amp. This is why we dont fit RCA inputs on our amps. You have to use a cable wired as...
  17. March Audio

Is COVID strategy moving towards herd-immunity?!

Its interesting. Well clearly you would expect them to have more cases. Still 3 countries with higher mortality rates. I doubt Sweden has a significantly more effective health system than those countries to account for that. We will only know if its actually a beneficial strategy after the event.
Top Bottom