Search results

1. H

Movie Soundtracks We Enjoy

Pre-existing music used in many films:
  2. H

Pe-existing music used in films: It is even the same recording https://www.latimes.com/entertainment/arts/culture/la-et-cm-godzilla-gyorgy-ligeti-requiem-20140520-story.html
  3. H

That´s why it´s in the documentary ;)
  4. H

Movie Soundtracks from a different perspective: I have finished my documentary debut as a director early July, chances are very high that this film will get a distribution and will also be accepted at international film festivals. I am doing english subtitles this very moment. I would like to...
  5. H

ESS THD ‘Hump’ Investigation

@BRYTT Thank you, but I am completely aware of the QXD1. But I have two Tone boards already (got them even for 75€ each) and do not see the need to put anything on the pile of electronic waste. The Khadas fits my needs. I do not need DSD or balanced outputs. Just plug and play S/PDIF I am also...
  6. H

I checked Ben1987´s thread again. He reduced the hump by "only" changing the values of the capacitor and resistor in the I/V circuit and broadened the maximum bandwith by this. But the I/V circuit of the ES9038Q2M is not as simple as I remember from classical ladder DACs like PCM63, PCM1704...
  7. H

Well, I would lke to trick my brain like this: Whoa, since some genius at audiosciencereview minimized the hump by swapping the feedback resistors in the output stage, the Khadas is the best DAC ever. Seriously gentlemen, I have no analyzer to do this. And I do not understand the math presented...
  8. H

There is no problem with my statement, as it perfectly reveals HiFi-Vodoo and the tricks of the brain: My brain says with the Buffalo II: Whoa, this runs on three shunted Class-A Power supplies, you shielded every cable, what a warm, clear, strong sound! With the Khadas: Oh well, a single power...
  9. H

Amir mentioned in some thread that it will unlikely that "boutique" ES9018 DACS like the DIY Twisted Pear Audio Buffalo would ever make it to audiosciencereview for testing. Here comes a proof: https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/58670-does-a-dacs-output-change-as-it-warms-up/ The thread...
  10. H

PS Audio Noise Harvester AC Cleaner Review

Thanks! I am in Europe, so... My gear dates back from the early eighties to the mid nineties, a Nakamichi-amp being the youngest. Found AC filtering only in early CD-players. I.e a Philips CD-304 has the filtering - The CD-304MKii still has the pcb, but no parts on it. Also inductors for...
  11. H

PS Audio Noise Harvester AC Cleaner Review

Maybe the right moment to chime in: I am a lover of early Compact Disc Players, not sound wise but thebecause o the built quality. I have many first and second generation models at home. Almost all of them have some kind of AC-"noise blocking" bevore the mains transformer, nomally a smaller...
  12. H

Schiit Modius Balanced DAC Review

Didn´t know their book which makes them likeable. I smiled when I read the chapter about the problems they had with their casings: "And when your metal guys start telling you what’s cosmetically acceptable (and you don’t agree), run. Fast." Which I did several times and I will probably start my...
  13. H

Let's talk CD Players!

They do. One result of the loudness war, where everyone aims for 0dB headroom or at least 0.3dB. On several occasions I took part in music productions where there was Hi Res masters involved. But those masters had enough headroom (About 6dB) because no one was interested in tthe loudness war. We...
  14. H

Let's talk CD Players!

Probably you got tricked by sample rate conversion: To prevent intersample overshoots when going from a higher sample rate to a lower one (i.e from 96 to 44.1) any good mastering engineer will make this 96/24 master quieter by -3db prior to conversion.
  15. H

Let's talk CD Players!

Anyone here who is deeply familiar with Compact Disc 3-beam systems? Someone like Ken Clements...
  16. H

Revel M22 Speaker Review

I know this is a bit Off-Topic, but as we see many speaker classics reviewed I am very eager to see the 3A Audio Design "Midi Master" reviewed. They came up around 1989 and were produced in southern France BUT the company changed ownership and moved to Canada - Tash Goka is the owner and the...
  17. H

SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK II DAC Review

Ooops, correct, red is SPDIF blue seems to be USB. But Amir states in the graph that Toslink measures better than coax. In earlier times,(speaking of 80‘s and 90‘s, when 5V was common as supply voltage) „unbalanced“ SPDIF (as far as I remember 1V) had to be stepped up to 5V signal using a logic...
  18. H

Not in this review. Toslink of the Sanskrit 10th MKII is even a bit better, check the graphs. This is why I am wondering why coax is worse.
  19. H

So? On galvanically isolated Toslink jitter seems lower. As Coax and Toslink very likely share the same signal path, galvanical isolation might play a role...?
  20. H

Could it be that the higher jitter on coax SPDIF is due to a missing isolation transformer? BTW Toslink is limited according high sample rates. As far as I remember 24/96 stereo is as far as it gets. I am not an advocate for high bitrates besides music production and mixing, I mostly listen to...
Top Bottom