Search results

1. C

Monoprice Monolith THX 887 Balance Headphone Amp: New Champ?

XLR vs. Single Ended Inputs: Primarily the advantage of XLR over SE is eliminating the issue of ground loop related noise (if you have any). Makes longer runs less susceptible to noise. XLR vs. Single Ended Output: Specifically with the THX design of the 887/789, with XLR you of course get the...
  2. C

Geshelli Lab Erish coming soon

I have yet to purchase a Geshelli product, though this amp may be my first. I have followed the reviews for their products for quite awhile (both the objective and subjective reviews). I love the approach they take to designing and manufacturing, it is truly unique in this world of corporate...
  3. C

RME ADI-2 DAC vs. D90+A90 vs. Burson Conductor 3

Hmm, looked at that link - it is priced at €988,00 or $1112.03 USD
  4. C

Exactly, that's why we measure. Or as they say in football, "That's why we play the game".
  5. C

Schiit Modius Balanced DAC Review

LOL, well both the review by Amir and your postings here have won me over as a fan. GREAT JOB!
  6. C

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

I have to Echo Veri, my dealings with Apos have been top notch, an excellent vendor.
  7. C

Curious, why do you think the Burson will measure poorly?
  8. C

That makes sense, I do wish there was an XLR headphone jack. I do also like the high quality microphone input on the Burson Conductor 3 - surprising that others have not done this as well.
  9. C

Which would you go with? The D90+A90 are of course separates, while the RME ADI-2 DAC and Burson Conductor 3 are combo Amp/DAC with pre-amp capability options. RME ADI-2 DAC - $1149 Topping D90 MQA - $799.99 and Topping A90 - $499.99 = $1299.98 Burson Conductor 3 - $1744 (Conductor 3X Reference...
  10. C

Which new Headphone Amp should I buy

You do not mention your price range, but I'll put in a plug for the 887 or 789. Plenty of power, as clean as you could ask for, and excellent versatility to drive anything from iem's to higher impedance headphones with 3 gain levels, and again versatility with XLR/RCA inputs, and XLR, 1/4 inch...
  11. C

What's your headphone system end game?

Stepped up my amplifier options with a new to me tube baby - an Oblivion by Ultrasonic Studios. Chances are you are not familiar with this, as it is a custom amp builder from Sweden. It is not a typical design: "The topology of Oblivion is transformer coupled (parafeed) balanced amp with open...
  12. C

Ah, it was just reviewed by Joshua, so I was thinking they refreshed it.
  13. C

Here you go, looks quite interesting.. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07KQW1WFX/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=joshuavaloury-20&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B07KQW1WFX&linkId=2b27aa07b107ba3988038b4428d3833b
  14. C

Appears to be a stripped down, single ended, lower powered entry level THX.
  15. C

At 300 ohms you have 250mW for the Atom, 410mW for the Heresy, and 700mW for the 887. The Heresy is an excellent little amp, but yes the 887 does best it in measurements. Then of course there is the matter of features. The 887 wins in having XLR input and output, as well as a 3.5mm output. There...
  16. C

What are the most expensive headphones you own or have listened to?

My ZMF Auteur LTD Cocobolo is my most expensive and the best I have heard. Love them!
  17. C

ZMF AUTEUR - Should I Bite? Update: I chomped!

I had meant to follow-up with a pic of the Hart cable plugged in to the Auteur and forgot until now now - here it is. I ordered the sleeve color to compliment the Auteur Cocobolo, and I think it turned out well..
  18. C

Anyone else binge-watching TV series during the coronavirus quarantines?

I have been bingeing some old series that are my fav's. Grimm, Deep Space Nine, etc, Along with some of the current movie / series sprinkled in. "Mozart in the Jungle" is a little gem as well.
  19. C

Fiio BTR5

Oh yes very true, as far as my home setup. I was thinking more in terms of mobile use.
Top Bottom