Search results

1. JohnYang1997

ASR Headphone Testing and BK 5128 Hats Measurement System

I don't like Oratory. I even like Crinacle more.... And I also think measuring speakers will bring much more value to the field.
  2. JohnYang1997

Topping preamp

No. There's simply no space.
  3. JohnYang1997

Soncoz LA-QXD1 Balanced DAC Review

"I like that it drops at the required 22.05 kHz (most DACs incorrectly go up to 24 kHz) but don't know why it then peaks back up."
  4. JohnYang1997

As alternative I recommend just get a Headacoustics head. It will be consistent with Tyll's and Rtings' measurements.
  5. JohnYang1997

I don't recommend it. The new one is better than GRAS's HIRES offering but not really better than the original 4128c. The high frequency range 6-10k+ gets really tricky. All new hires head reduces natural ear canal resonances which lead to false measurement results. Current state of measurement...
  6. JohnYang1997

Topping preamp

Pre90 may actually sound like a product that doesn't need to exist. But other than the people who really like relay switching volume control. It's for the preparation of the higher end mono block power amps.
  7. JohnYang1997

Topping preamp

Ah shit. I got it wrong. It's 3 XLRs and 1 RCA.
  8. JohnYang1997

Topping L30 HeadAMP

Damping factor is important but won't get better once it's good enough just like any other performance metrics. L30 has measured impedance of 0.06Ohm(including cable and connector). Theoretically, the output impedance is less than 0.0001Ohm. So it essentially pairs with all headphones. Of course...
  9. JohnYang1997

Fiio Q5s Portable DAC & THX Headphone Amp Review

Don't take it the wrong way. I was simply stating that Nx4 had more power in SE than Q1mkii in BAL mode and is cleaner overall. BAL itself doesn't make things better automatically. Yes, it's a valid option for balanced. Enjoy.
  10. JohnYang1997

WolfX700 Measurement of Topping L30 Headphone Amp

Red Ape Headphone Store Add: No 16-2B (2nd Floor), Jalan Puteri 2/6, Bandar Puteri Puchong, 47100 Selangor, Malaysia Phone: 0173886966 Email: [email protected]
  11. JohnYang1997

Yeah. No one is gonna take that away from it. If performance is nothing to worry about. Why you made post talking about NX4 may have worse performance at max volume? We are not arguing for you to buy one or another. You don't need our approval to justify your purchase and your enjoyment.
  12. JohnYang1997

Well. If you want balanced then good for you. The thing is Nx4 outputs 5V cleanly in SE where Q1mkii can only output 3V with balanced. Nx4 also wins by a large margin in normal listening level. So unless you really need the balanced output just for the sake of using it, nx4 is obviously better.
  13. JohnYang1997

Topping preamp

5 probably not but it's good to have especially for a dedicated add-on option that cost some money. I can see the need for people switching inputs like from music system, home cinema system, TV, maybe another DAC to compare with. Who knows. There are some other boutique manufacturers that have...
  14. JohnYang1997

Guys if you are in Australia. Addicted to audio is the only direct distributor in Australia. There are also other valid distributor that are indirect, meaning some of the distributors themselves have distributors to reach to more customers. We can contact them for individual cases but we don't...
  15. JohnYang1997

Contact the seller first, ask for a replacement for AU plug power supply. Then we get into it and resolve the issue for you.
  16. JohnYang1997

Oh. Ok..... Then it's absolutely fine that you get a EU plug that doesn't work well in AU. Not our problem. We supply AU plug power supplies to AU resellers and customers.
Top Bottom