Search results

1. A

Xduoo XD05 plus

The Volume has a nice large range, also you have three levels of gain so it works with a wide range of headphone, but it can get Mount Saint Hellens loud on, for example, Rosson Audio Rad-0 at gain level 0, I listen to it a little bit less than noon on gain knob ( Volume) Rad-0 is pretty...
  2. A

Dan Clark Audio Aeon Open X $399 _ SOLD

@frogmeat69 they are very good headphones, but with the addition of the RAD-0 and Focal Stelia, I find they stay in the box more and more. They do have a unique musical profile that is very intimate. I was not to keen on how it reproduced piano though. It more just keeping the...
  3. A

Review and Measurements of CHORD Qutest DAC

@majingotan really, Do you know what Ocilicope is that how you volume match, you have to start at the DAC outputs. Remember I not falling into the trap of which is sonically different if you want to do that volume matched remove your ears and a/b with a spectrum analyzer. No, I do not fall...
  4. A

When I read response like this I do not know if I should Laugh Hard or Cry for Humanity, First, why do we always have turn this into muck racking conversation I never said Qutest is better than D90 nor even Schilt Bifrost 2, I said it sound good, It is at SINAD 117 dB which honestly most on...
  5. A

What I tell you all three are very nice DACs especially on HeadAmp GS-X mini On the Qutest it default is 3 Volts on the RCA, but it super easy to set press both button upon powering, press again too the green LEDs and you're at 2 Volts. All the fuss on it UI was silly, it simplest DAC to use.
  6. A

I have the Chord Qutest, I have been using USB in with RCA out to headphone AMP. Not having XLR out has not been an issue with any amplifier I used. the ground loop issue is nonexistent Amplifier tested with the Qutest: Geshelli Labs ARCHEL2.5 PRO ( Selling ) Monoprice THX 887 ( Selling )...
  7. A

Geshelli Labs ARCHEL 2.5 Pro Headphone Amp $129- SOLD

SOLD- Geshelli Labs ARCHEL 2.5 Pro Headphone Amp-SOLD 1 Watt per channel @ 16 ohms THD+N 0.000095%SNR <-124 db Supply Voltage 12v @ 500 mA Selectable Inputs Stereo RCA & XLR 6.5 mm ( 1/4") Headphone Jack Gain Switch (Unity Gain or 6x) TI 1656 Op Amp Based Design US 12v FCC Level 6 Power...
  8. A

@Hemi-Demon Posting it for $129 on Reverb now. https://reverb.com/item/32977416-genshelli-labs-archel-2-5-pro-2000-black
  9. A

Shipped where? One thing It is brand I turned it on once. $140 + shipping In the USA it about $10-15
  10. A

Price: $399 - SOLD Currency: USD Ships to US, Canada, & UK Where to buy https://reverb.com/item/32805083-dan-clark-audio-aeon-open-x Dan Clark Audio Aeon Open X Based on the Aeon Flow Open from Dan Clark Audio (formerly MrSpeakers). With a naturally appealing sound that’s both warm and...
  11. A

Focal Elex $500- Sold

**Price:** $500 Sold **Currency:** USD **Ships to** North America https://reverb.com/item/32804689-focal-elex-headphones SPECS * Massdrop x Focal * Open-back circumaural design * 40mm full-range dynamic driver with aluminum-magnesium “M”-shaped dome * 20mm-thick perforated microfiber memory...
  12. A

Hifiman Ananda Headphones $499 - Sold

Hifiman Ananda Very clean CASE + 2 Hifiman Std Cables Very low listening time. Purchased Jan 2020 Price: $499 Currency: USD Ships to US, Canada, & UK Link to buy them on Reverb.com https://reverb.com/item/32803025-hifiman-ananda
  13. A

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

For Qobuz app, I sent in a bug report on a couple of issues that were going on around this with the native Qobuz app on the Macintosh.
  14. A

Tom Christiansen Audio HPA-1 Headphone Amp Review

Simpler solution might be tape a string to the knob and wrap a few loops around the knob then out to a winder it releases the last revolution I am starting to develop a dummy load box. Moser dropped box load of parts. Maybe I look at microcontroller now to change values
  15. A

Looks like we need Adriano stepper motor controller attached to a servo in a jig to let you do this in an automated way. Tom are you using a Linear pot? I a/b HPA-1 vs Monoprice THX 887 today Single-Ended, it no contest HPA-1 is much nice AMP working a broad range of headphones Dan Clark (...
  16. A

It is fine, I have the Mr Speaker/Dan Clark Aeon Flow Open head phone, This is great mp for them.
  17. A

@tomchr "As seen on the graph, it is only with 12 Ω load that the THD+N of the HPA-1 finally exceeds that of the Audio Precision APx525 audio analyzer." Are you really trying to say "As seen on the graph, it is only with 12 Ω load that the THD+N of the HPA-1 finally exceeds the analysis limit...
  18. A

@kn0ppers it is ok... I am not offended. Sometimes it good to get away from this and work, I spent the afternoon with my son and best friend and his son at Circut fo the Americas for Lone Star Le Mans. Nothing makes me forget all this stuff more than watching him smile from ear to ear...
  19. A

AKM4499 has a number of new changes over the 4497 to better compete with Cirrus logic DAC, but yes it is a 4 channel DAC. https://www.akm.com/content/dam/documents/products/audio/audio-dac/ak4499eq/ak4499eq-en-productbrief.pdf https://www.akm.com/kr/ko/products/audio/audio-dac/ak4499eq/ I...
  20. A

"The main challenge there is that it needs to support USB in a graceful manner. It's unfortunately not as simple as "just use XMOS and be done". The XMOS chips are (pretty kick-ass) microcontrollers. It would be nice if I could use them in a way that would allow them to handle the UI as well as...
Top Bottom