Search results

1. q3cpma

This guy is a textbook example of a subjective listener

Why are we supposed to care about some random audiophile? I'm sure we all have better to do with our time.
  2. q3cpma

GLM 4?

That would work, but paying Genelec money to become a second class citizen stuck with outdated software is a bit too much for me. Well, I say that, but the 8351B is my far future target, for now; even if I have to use DRC-FIR instead of GLM.
  3. q3cpma

GLM 4?

Well, proprietary software is licensed anyway, you don't own it. It's a bit like buying a chair you don't have the right to repaint. But the idea that they have the power to just pull the plug on you is even worse; and if I have to have a spare computer running NSA/Windows just for stuff like...
  4. q3cpma

GLM 4?

Didn't see this bullshit, thanks for pointing it.
  5. q3cpma

Help me spend my money...

Might be worth it to consider an active setup, too. The two setups I would recommend: * This subwoofer, a $150-200 crossover (either MiniDSP or a cheap Behringer unit like the Ultra-Curve or the CX2310, with a subwoofer output), leaving you with with $1250 for active monitors like the Dynaudio...
  6. q3cpma

Why can't audio industry standardize on a common digital audio "hdmi"?

Didn't address robustness or locking. Not every complaint is just "cavemen being afraid of change".
  7. q3cpma

"Good enough" is the worst enemy of "better" combined with industry/academic inertia exist. As seen in the OS world with Microsoft Singularity or Plan 9 from Bell Labs. It looks like Plan 9 failed simply because it fell short of being a compelling enough improvement on Unix to displace its...
  8. q3cpma

You don't want USB but you want something with "universal plug and play capability" and wide establishment? I say make up your mind. Anyway, in a perfect world, we'd only have something like AES/EBU with more channels and a power pin but still keeping the great XLR connector general shape and...
  9. q3cpma

GGNTKT @ Purité Audio

Any ETA on this?
  10. q3cpma

Dynaudio LYD 5 for testing

Would be a very interesting model to test.
  11. q3cpma

SVS Ultra Bookshelf Speaker Review

It is a complete replacement, though. Interpretation and visualization, on the other hand... Where did you get this idea? Either you listen to the album in the studio it was made or you get some "perfect" speakers with controlled cancellation down to very low and room treatment to hear only the...
  12. q3cpma

Audio Science Innovators

The waveguide bit is interesting to me, because I'd like to know if Genelec was pioneering the way or just applying Geddes' theory. As Geddes' seminal paper came in 1989 (presented at the 1987 AES convention) and he says himself "I was not aware of any usage of the term Acoustic Waveguide prior...
  13. q3cpma

Seriously, does Heavy Metal ever sound better on better speakers?

Well, that was my memory. Tried listening to Autobahn again, and I like it much more; still, nothing gets your body moving like The Robots.
  14. q3cpma

Ehhhhh, I only liked "The Man-Machine", the earlier stuff just sounds like pretentious nothing to me.
  15. q3cpma

Although I had an introduction with synthpop/new wave (Alphaville, Peter Schilling, Cocteau Twins, The Sisters of Mercy), eurobeat, industrial/no wave (Godflesh, Foetus, Thorns, Mysticum, Fenris, Blut aus Nord, Swans) and video game OSTs, this was my first "completely" electronic music album...
  16. q3cpma

Your social classification according to music genres you prefer (not to be taken too seriously ;)

[email protected]> du -h TOHO\ EUROBEAT Initial\ D 347M TOHO EUROBEAT/(2013) TOHO EUROBEAT VOL.8 SUBTERRANEAN ANIMISM 277M TOHO EUROBEAT/(2016) TOHO EUROBEAT VOL.14 紅魔郷 267M TOHO EUROBEAT/(2010-1) TOHO EUROBEAT VOL.1 277M TOHO EUROBEAT/(2010-2) TOHO EUROBEAT VOL.2 379M TOHO...
  17. q3cpma

I'd rather buy the CD on Discogs (well, I did) to get the better cover.
  18. q3cpma

Show us your Cars

Maybe I'm being nostalgic for something I never even personally knew, but knowing that I'll never get to hear this sound from my car makes me jealous of my parents:
  19. q3cpma

Ah, finally someone who gets it. Fair Warning is their most interesting album by far; it's a bit like Slayer's Hell Awaits for me, their most technical and daring release that got overshadowed by more conventional (but still good) material.
Top Bottom