Search results

1. R

Review and Measurements of Purifi 1ET400A Amplifier

Questions to Bruno: Can you make a SMPS with matching low power consumption? I have had both Hypex SMPS1200 and SMPS600 with nc400, and I do not like the heat they produce on idle. If the rationale for going class-d is low power consumption, then I do not get the full picture if the powersupply...
  2. R

Just for the fun of it, I would like to see THX789 headphone amp overlayed with AHB2 and IET400A on THD+N and power. If possible. For let’s say the first 10W of power.
  3. R

Do you test output impedance? What is difference here to nc400 and AHB2?
  4. R

If possible, please overlay IMD and THD per frequency with nc400.
  5. R

I am a bit surprised that it runs cool with the Hypex SMPS1200 in it. I had this powersupply with bridged dual nc400, and then it was running pretty hot.
  6. R

I was just trying to provoce you to show me what I wanted to see :)
  7. R

The reason here was to compare with nc400, then the same kind of gain should be used. But it might be awkward showing nc400 winning?
  8. R

Exactly! We want to see them compared with the same gain. I think nc400 wins there (lower THD+N).
  9. R

True. Would be interesting if you measure only 1 channel of this 1ET400A amp turned on. If it can beat the single nc400 then.
  10. R

but if you look at this result you got when you only measured one channel of that nc400-implementation with a shared SMPS, nc400 has even lower distortion, right? So nc400 monoblocks might be "the shit"? :)
  11. R

So the Hypex nc400 amp you tested got higher SINAD than this amp with comparable gains? That was not expected. The input buffer of nc400 must really be something. I would love to see more detailed comparisons with Hypex nc400. Is this Eigentakt really a step forward in performance?
  12. R

NAD partners with Purifi, working on an Eigentakt amplifier

Amir showed a glimpse of a spectacular measurements when only one nc400 was using the shared SMPS.
  13. R

Someone in the US, please send Amir a properly implemented Hypex nc400-kit for re-test!
  14. R

Lazyness, cheapskateness or just uninterest could be agendas, haha :) It is more of interest for us current owners of Hypex nc400 than to to others, probably. But I think Amir got quite a few people to buy ncore kits.
  15. R

Yes it is, to me. Because you showed a glimpse of much better performance with only 1 channel driven of that very non-standard nc400-implementation. I hope you have no kind of agenda here.
  16. R

A comparison to an perfect ”correctly” done Hypex nc400 implementation would be really nice. I mean with one SMPS600 per nc400. Or use the one-channel-only driven measurements for that comparison.
  17. R

A wishlist of gear to be reviewed by Amir

DBX 4800 / 4820 as dac. I found this one to sound exceptionally good in my system, so it would be nice to know if my ears can be trusted, or not.
  18. R

My way (DIY JBL)

I got my question answered on avsforum: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/24-digital-hi-end-projectors-3-000-usd-msrp/971633-samsung-sp-a800b-19.html#post58084798
  19. R

My way (DIY JBL)

Yes, I realised that myself yesterday also :) So I will have to measure again. But still the problem how to transfer that luminance into the projector. But maybe measuring without calibration activated might give other luminance values that fits better.
Top Bottom