Search results

1. T

Any motorcyclists on this forum?

Been riding since 14. Fan of vintage two-stroke scooters and motorcycles. A couple I’m riding lately: ‘66 Lambretta SX200 ‘67 Kawasaki A7 Avenger:
  2. T

Small budget first sub recommendation Yamaha vs Jamo

I’ve been pleased with their 10” sub. Had it over a year now, no problems.
  3. T

Upgrade from Hifiman he4xx

As a 400i lover, I strongly recommend the Monoprice 565c Might not scratch the money-spending itch (they’re around $200), but they’re great. For $$$, check out the Aeon 2.
  4. T

Audioengine A5+ Powered Speaker Review

The RCAs labelled “output” on the speakers?
  5. T

The most comfortable headphones: a) Open b) Closed

Sennheiser Momentum over-ear are closed and my most comfortable. Very light with soft leather earcups. HE-400i sound better, not great for walking around though.
  6. T

Marchand XM44 Analog Active Crossover Review

I bought one of these years back in kit form which was very affordable. The purpose was to bi-amp a speaker - - specifically, to use a tube amp for mids and highs with a solid state amp for the woofer. It was fun!
  7. T

What are the best headphones you would recommend in the $100-$250 range? What headphones do you have?

Best in their price range, I love ‘em. Check bass for a rattle and also for driver mismatch as soon as you get them - it took me a couple tries to get a good pair.
  8. T

Genelec 8341A SAM™ Studio Monitor Review

Got it. Dual woofers, one behind each vent.
  9. T

Genelec 8341A SAM™ Studio Monitor Review

“There are dual, rather square woofers behind each vent.” So each monitor has four woofers?
  10. T

JBL One Series 104 Powered Monitor Review

I bought these during the $40 Christmas eBay sale. It’s too bad they don’t have a sub out or something. Just no bass at all. Mids and highs are nice though, better than any other computer speakers I’ve heard, which is what I wanted to use them for.
  11. T

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Good to hear! Mine arrived at work but I’ve been on vacation so won’t get to hear them for a few days. Too bad there’s not an elegant and cheap way to add a sub.
  12. T

Buying my first magnetoplanar headphones

HifiMan 400i (open) and Monoprice m565c (closed) are great sounding planars. I recommend putting any new headphone through tests right away so you can exchange if there are any issues. For planar especially, check for channel imbalance and buzzing bass.
  13. T

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Purchased, thanks! Needed something for my desk.
  14. T

Step up from HE4xx planar, but closed...

The Monoprice m565c are very good. I tried the m1060c and they were just too uncomfortable and their sound was a bit off somehow. If you like the 400i, you’ll love these. Smoother treble, deeper bass, and they’re very efficient. I run them in the Atom at home for best sound, but my iPhone...
  15. T

Fess up: What's your guilty pleasure?

Brave admission! But yeah, I'm a black communist and dig some of this neo-nazi band's early stuff, lol. But I grew up with a lot of mod and (non-racist) skinhead friends.
  16. T

you owe me new speakers
  17. T

Me too, lol. (Well, restore at least.)
  18. T

I know what you mean. I'm an open planar headphone addict but had to get some noise-cancelling Sonys for work and really enjoy them. Even though I listen to Spotify via a lowQ Bluetooth codec plus the noise cancelling "sucking" feeling and everything, they have a certain sound that moves me.
  19. T

Someone here admitted that they enjoy listening to music run through the 7-channel surround sound DSP setting on their AVR. I tried it on mine and love it! For casual listening, it gives pretty good instrument separation and makes the room almost disappear. What is your secret...
  20. T

Canjam SoCal Headphone and Audio Show 2019 Part 2

I didn't realize these were electrostatic! The cable should have been a hint. I was underwhelmed by the bass so put them away quickly. Now I wish I'd given them more of a chance because I've never heard electrostats before.
Top Bottom