Search results

1. H

Geshelli Archel2 Headphone AMP Review: another champ?

You just joined this forum, so I get that. Sooner or later you need to understand why subjective impression don't hold much water. Otherwise, we are just wasting time and forum space.
  2. H

Not much value around here. It's mostly subjective hyperbole. We want to see 2.5 on the bench.
  3. H

ifi micro iUSB3.0 USB Filter Review

I don't know if it's just me but the first time I see ifi devices it screamed "snake oil" to my face
  4. H

What headphone(s) do you own ?

you must not be getting a good seal with MSR7 pad as shown by the drop in bass.
  5. H

What headphone(s) do you own ?

On ears will never be comfortable. No matter how good it sounds, it just pisses me of that I can't listen for a long time. placement is also a hit or miss. Overall, it's just a hassle. I settled with Sony WH-1000XM3 as my go to mobile headphone. It's got the sound, comfort and features to boot.
  6. H

They are audiophile myths. These headphones are not as power hungry as they want you to believe. Possibly due to HE-6 which is indeed very inefficient and power hungry, being made by Hifiman and a planar dynamic driver, has most audiophile misleadingly recommend high power amplifier.
  7. H

WolfX700 Measurement of Sony ZX300

Most likely due to the high output impedance which are common with Sony Players.
  8. H

WolfX700 Measurement of Sony ZX300

underpowered, underperforming. Sony has really gone way far to the dark side. All marketing.
  9. H

HIDIZS S8 USB-C Headphone Adapter Review

I did not use any coupon. There was a "seller savings discount" applied to the final price after hitting the "Confirm Order" button. YMMV.
  10. H

The AliExpress store gives a nice discount. I managed to send an order for around USD65 including shipping to Singapore
  11. H

Wow, this is what we are expecting to see from 9038D.
  12. H

Review and Measurements of SMSL SP200 THX HP Amp

That is only true with Dynamic-driver type headphones from Beyer and Senn. Planar Magnetics like Audeze, DC Audio, etc are immune to source output impedance.
  13. H

The default gain for O2 is 2.5X and 6.5X. The output voltage remain the same(7V). Having more Gain is irrelevant if the max output volume is the same. It is actually bad because it means, you can easily drive the amp into clipping and channel imbalance at their worse. Most people clip the...
  14. H

@amirm, is there a 2.5Pro coming your way?
  15. H

Any opinions on the performance of the Hidizs AP 80 DAP?

There is a premium feel holding an AK DAP. A few existing AK DAPs measures ok. They are probably transparent enough for on the go use. Compared to cheaper DAPs the build quality gives an illusion which not only justify the asking price but expected superior sound as well.
  16. H

WolfX700 Measurements of Pico Headphone Amp

I have the Pico Power which is suppose to measure better. Maybe I can send it to you one day. These amps were designed to be stacked with the ipod classic
  17. H

Measurements of Soncoz LA-QXD1 Pre-production "Evolution of KTE Board"

No ears can objectively tell which amp measures well. The choice which amp to buy sans objective data is mostly influence by senses other than the ears
  18. H

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

"As you know, I’m all about the subjective. I believe measurements are great for repeatability and finding problem areas. But I’ve realized the important attributes that translate into the better enjoyment of music simply can’t be measured." This is a statement the review said that I somewhat...
Top Bottom