Search results

1. D

An Enticing Marketing Story, Theory Without Measurement?

@Cosmik In my line of work, if my decisions are taken on “logic” and not hard-proven evidence, people get crippled or dead, and I end up in prison. This should be the standard. You have to properly design a DB study, with the variables that your hypothesis require, and prove that listeners...
  2. D

Ι have already quoted the relevant studies. You haven’t. Just philosophical views
  3. D

I am not convinced. Try again.
  4. D

They didn’t. No. You have to prove your arguments by DBT. Always.
  5. D

I would like to see DBT studies that prove your arguments. Tests similar like the ones that Sean Olive has presented, with hundreds of listeners stating their preference for various loudspeakers, house curves etc. I am not aware of any DBT study proving that in a modern living space and using...
  6. D

Munich Highend 2019

You got to visit the multichannel setups from Geithain Merging/Nadac/Artnovion (5 channels) and PMC/Bryston (Atmos-immersive). I was really impressed
  7. D

Seems to be more common amongst my friends, and quite common in Greek forums. Could it be a different approach to architecture/interior design in recent years, or a local thing in Greece or the Mediterranean, comparing to US/UK? Take a look: I am not an acoustician or a...
  8. D

Classical ♫ Music only | Some you listen now or recently, some you love...

Interesting indeed. I wonder if the original recording was done in multichannel. (I am buying it anyway)
  9. D

This applies when attending the live event. On the contrary, when we are reproducing this live event in our listening room we are hearing a sum of: the room which is "an integral part of the performance"+our random room=???? unpredictable And as @Floyd Toole mentions Shouldn't we, as...
  10. D

Having read the recent edition of your book, I had this discussion with a friend, just a week ago. And the question that popped was: would the results have been the same if rooms in the study had significantly dissimilar RT60’s, and not 0,3+-0,1s as in the study presented? For example what if...
  11. D

Subwoofer Selection Criteria

Trinnov? I hope so, it’s on the way :)
  12. D

I am sure it does :) It’s even more interesting when you measure seat to seat variation, 1 vs 4 subs.
  13. D

Beautiful Software used?
  14. D

Same as identical, or as same design (ported/sealed)? I wonder if Room Eq will have issues trying to do multi sub management with dissimilar designs ?
  15. D

When running multiple subs, should they be of similar design or it doesn’t make a difference? I mean all subs ported, or all subs sealed / vs some of them ported-some sealed
  16. D

Furthermore I find the discussion on the (lack of) scientific evidence on the benefits of Room Eq (above the transition frequency) misleading. Shouldn’t we examine each software separately? They are so remarkably different, Ypao vs Dirac for example, or Audyssey vs Trinnov...we shouldn’t be...
  17. D

My post was a suggestion against the argument that “floors need no treatment, because it sounds unnatural, since we are used to floor reflections for evolutionary reasons”. Yes, we are used to the floor being there, but it hasn’t been highly reflective for hundred thousand of years.
  18. D

Didn’t we hunt (and got hunted) for hundred thousand years on soil/grass/turf? The hunting grounds weren't made of concrete, wood or marble all these years, like our home floors are today. So our evolution of ground reflection wasn’t a result of survival process on highly reflective ground surfaces.
Top Bottom