Search results

1. Z

DAC types and their sonic signature

Which is completely natural, preference is based on what you hear and how you like it.
  2. Z

Conclusions was not what was asked by this blind test. Just sound impressions. All you need for this is audio.
  3. Z

Here and there you can read even here (ASR) some audiophiles experience who weren't satisfied with the end result of what they bought, regardless of good measurements. What should such do?
  4. Z

I still don't see what it's got to do with the preference judgement of the end result. You still didn't answer whether you listened to it or not.
  5. Z

What do you do if you buy according to those measurements which says it should be perfect, but you're not satisfied with the result?
  6. Z

It was important to me, that's why I asked. Tell me honestly, did you click and listen but you don't want to share impressions? Or you never clicked? Please be honest. Your preference is of importance to you, it's what brings you enjoyment (or not).
  7. Z

It's not about a difference, it's about taste, liking, preference. There's no difference between objectivists, subjectivists or any other listener who would not subscribe exclusively or at all to either, in this regard. We all have our personal taste. And neither of us really knows whether this...
  8. Z

I use a filterless NOS DAC at my system 1. You should hear the sound, then judge how do you like it. A trained audio professional thinks this DAC sounds neutral. He made one for himself. But if you really prefer sigma-delta DAC sound, stick to those. Or if all sounds the same to you, stick to...
  9. Z

My ears aren't satisfied. I don't care for graphs, I care for my satisfaction, enjoyment of listening to the music. I also have a Raspberry Pi + Hifiberry Dac+ Pro. It's a simple yet nice design and it sounds really great for its cost. But to be really satisfied with its sound I need a system...
  10. Z

Of course, some even like sigma-delta defective sound too. It's incredible. Don't trust what you hear, instead trust those numbers from simple test which don't emulate music at all, then bias yourself with all those graphs to believe what you hear is top of the world. Self-hypnosis at max level...
  11. Z

I don't find a single mention in Archimago's blog that it was without OS. He mentions 'digital filter off', 'NOS mode' and this: If you remove OS filter it doesn't imply you removed the OS as well. Archimago never mentioned OS itself was removed. Furthermore, as @hetzer explained, even if you...
  12. Z

He tested OS filterless DAC.
  13. Z

This, page 8...I'm interested in sound impressions through blind listening. I myself didn't listen blind to it, however I'm curious as well will blind listening impressions be still similar to mine.
  14. Z

No single person came with sound impressions on link sample I put. It was really simple and quick, to listen to the sound blindly and comment how do you like it. Just your preferrence.
  15. Z

Simple digital filters introduce audible ringing. Why it doesn't show in those simple tests - I don't know. My current knowledge is certainly not enough to even try to explain. However, mind that some of best sigma-delta DAC designs paid lot of attention to filtering, and a simple brick wall...
  16. Z

If you have a stable waveform when sampling one frequency then Fourier analysis says you can get any waveform by solely applying its harmonics. So is it a stable waveform? It should be stable because of equal time units applied in sampling process. And it shows on oscilloscope as a stable...
  17. Z

You mean that stepped look of a waveform from a HF range when produced by non-OS DACs? Funny, Fourier analysis says the perfect base tone frequency sinus wave is present there in its pure sinus form. Harmonics of the base tone which are obviously as well present there make the resulting...
  18. Z

Well, you basically want a really good original recording for this purpose to allow as much room for discerning (degradation from DA-AD cycle) as possible. I remember flac-mp3 test I took several times, on already compressed and degraded originals I missed more than once using the headphones...
  19. Z

The other guy says it can't be both R2R and 1-bit...I'll check lol.
Top Bottom