Search results

1. Z

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

implementation is a thing, sadly. I've also bought some cheapo USB DAC from china, performance was decent but it had 12ohm OI or so, definitely not ideal. basically if I were to go back, I'd spent more for something proven rather than gambling on these stuff (unless you like testing new toys)
  2. Z

JDS Labs Atom DAC Review

ooh, finally a nice stacking combo for the amp I can't wait to see all the impressions come out from dudes with "golden ears" saying that the DAC sounds "dead" and "has no dynamics":cool::cool:
  3. Z

Zishan, one of the earlier hyped cheap DAP/amp with their Zishan Z1 made a USB-DAC, the U1: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001111401655.html I know a lot of stuff has come out and performed much better than the Z1, but I'm still intrigued by this since they still retain their amateur DIY...
  4. Z

EarMen Donald DAC Review

I don't suppose you have the Sparrow as well:D
  5. Z

AKG K371 Impressions

"very bassy" and "you'll like it if you're a basshead", now that's something I'd never thought I hear about the K371. metal571 and wheezy reviewed these, much in line with what I heard of the K371.
  6. Z

HIDIZS S8 USB-C Headphone Adapter Review

Can they clarify on how it is not "transparent"? I'd like to hear their reasoning.
  7. Z

Ah, glad Tempotec is finally acknowledging this device actually exists then. Hopefully they refine the volume button step for a next firmware if there will be one. Haven't had much issue with it on my Win10 PC other than that.
  8. Z

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Motherboard Audio Review

more power from the case headphone output vs the rear IO, that really seems counter-intuitive to me. Why not just make them both the same. to be fair, the high output impedance makes it a moot point, since only powered speakers will do fine on it?
  9. Z

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Motherboard Audio Review

78ohm output impedance, sounds about right. I measured around 80ohm out of my own Asus B350 Prime Plus (they only advertise the bare minimum of shielding, separate left/right PCB layers and Japanese capacitors, so wasn't expecting much). The sad thing is that the DAC is Realtek ALC887...
  10. Z

AKG K371 Impressions

just saw that the site was down, any idea what happened? also, does this mean we can expect a K371 modding guide:D
  11. Z

Burson FUN Headphone Amp Review

Straightforward, but some are wildly oblivious to nuance or are simply trying to find faults in everything that is nothing less than perfect. Objectivity to the extreme, I suppose. Or maybe just being an asshat, who knows
  12. Z

was looking around for potential NX4 competitor, also just found out about the Hip DAC. Power output wise, it seems like it'll be really good, but I saw someone complaining about hiss with sensitive IEMs which worries me a bit. Hoping amir can get a unit in for measurements
  13. Z

Earstudio HUD100 Portable Headphone DAC & Amp Review

Glad to see the HUD100 still maintains the company's track record, even though it is a bit pricey considering today's market no worries Amir, I'm sure lots of people understand that when you "recommend" something, its not an absolute and that it depends on preference/requirements.
  14. Z

while not entirely surprising (given the background of said companies and the subsequent hardware teardown linked by users before), its nice to get confirmation through measurements. Currently running the Sonata HD Pro on my Win10 PC and while the volume step discrepancy is a bit annoying...
  15. Z

ah, its USB-C, forgot to mention there, edited. Big clicks? hm...I didn't notice it when waking my Win10 PC from sleep/hibernate?, I'll keep a lookout for it, my volume might be too low on the speakers to notice I don't really use the volume buttons, since it seemed imprecise at first use...
  16. Z

Ok, I tested the Sonata HD Pro and the Apple dongle USB-C with a multimeter (supposedly T-RMS, but no idea if its really is) using the method outlined in this thread: 99.5 ohm resistor, 1khz sine tone at max volume for both (don't know if clipping played any part, do tell me if I can fix up...
  17. Z

I use Hiby app since I don't need system-wide usage (and my portable gear are mostly IEMs, don't need much power). That direct usb access is nice for DAC testing on the phone I mainly test on the PC though (Win10), still trying to see if there's a driver for it (so far can't find one).
  18. Z

I just got the Sonata HD Pro, and it sounds like its barely louder than the Apple dongle. Not trusting my ear in testing loudness though. edit: did a rough ear test with YT vids, 20 on the Sonata is a bit louder than 30 on the Apple, so I guess its good enough for my powered speaker any way to...
  19. Z

if only you released the 9038D already, we wouldn't have such a mess of a thread because people would be recommending that instead:D
  20. Z

actually, about this, I currently use the Apple dongle (might be replacing with the Tempotec) as the DAC for my PC connected to a powered speaker, do I set it to max in windows or does it not matter since I can just control the volume on the speakers itself?
Top Bottom