Search results

1. A.wayne

2,3,4,5-way speakers: how many ways is optimum?

Somewhat , it depends on the design goals , for an all out SOTA design best to use multiple cabinets , IMO unless you are using compression type Horn drivers , linesource works best over point source here .. But yes you will end up with a pretty large monolith doing a 5 way setup, but also...
  2. A.wayne

Some of that reduced dynamics takes place in the recording Brad , dynamic compression is necessary for audio system playback due to the high crest factors ..
  3. A.wayne

Irony, Ad Hominem attack and BS response noted , Good day
  4. A.wayne

Review and Measurements of Teac NT-503 Networked DAC

Thanks Amir and separate we shall ...... :)
  5. A.wayne

Btw my first full active system was in 78 , i built and designed a lot of fully active systems thru the 80's , a lot with custom bespoke Electronic Xovers , so i'm not negative to or against them , i just happen to find passive and quasi active/ passive to be superior in delivery and...
  6. A.wayne

Yes i can , We did sighted and blind listening We level match We do comparisons in different locations We do at least 3 different sessions to verify consistency and drive equipment Not to worry , not everyone is comfortable outside of their ideological footprint , i wonder how many active...
  7. A.wayne

I fail to see how I'm being obtuse, I asked if there was a sonic difference and why , thanks for finally giving me your opinion .. regards
  8. A.wayne

Active horn speaker from German Abacus

Hello Frank , Thanks for the link and this is what i gathered from their measurements, *The Anima is 9db down at 40hz @3M *Sensitivity is close enuff to the rated 109 @1K with 2.83V, but not sure if it's 8 ohm at 1K could not read numbers listed * Bass driver FB resonance is 50 hz *Xover freq...
  9. A.wayne

We are here , not there , hence my question .... What are the sonic trade offs ..
  10. A.wayne

No so help out nuh ...what is the sonic trade off of upsampling 16 bit
  11. A.wayne

Nope, this is one projecting , i have had some ugly suckers sound good , no issues here with looks vs cause There is still a lot of unknown in the field , the human hearing system is one. Many cant hear this glare and bad timbre with amplfiers, speakers , et al, so not all is equal and...
  12. A.wayne

Wait, So now up sampling is bad, sounds worse .... :)
  13. A.wayne

What is the sonic trade off ..??
  14. A.wayne

Well that was not from me , but Microphonic's can cause weird things , i prefer to have the amps on the outside ... Regards
  15. A.wayne

My listening experience is pretty Broad MrJ-J , been there done that and took home the trophy , subjectively , full active fails the natural test, objectively there are merits to what can be done, but the ears sensitivity to all that electronic glare in the 1-6 K range and beyond becomes...
  16. A.wayne

Lol, this is hilarious .... :) Where do you get this stuff from , i have yet to hear active anyway beat a passive setup, in reality an hybrid active , passive setup is optimally the best approach when exceeding 3 way , due to inductor size when doing a 4 way, so active , Bass, Sub bass ...
  17. A.wayne

Bass horns to 40Hz ..... Ok :)
  18. A.wayne

Well , the proximity to the floor changes the output pressure and IMO does not make it operate typically like a bass horn , not to mention, while the flare is long , the exit is pretty small for gain , the 40Hz maybe possible due to the long flare , but being sealed i Would love to see the...
  19. A.wayne

No not quite , had another fight elsewhere :)
  20. A.wayne

Frank, I dont think these qualify as having a bass Horn , same as the Klipsch LaScala .. Regards
Top Bottom