Search results

1. Krunok

Room Measurement Tutorial for Dummies Part 1

I suggested you use ASIO only to play sweep file to get correct measurement, nothing more. If you install ASIO drivers only for that purpose I am pretty sure they won't mess with your playout setup once you get the measurements right for the DRC-FIR to generate filters properly. You can...
  2. Krunok

I think I remember vaguely reading somewhere that this kind of setup (USB out, USB in) may be problematic when measuring with timing reference signal but I can easilly be wrong on this. Hopefully @JohnPM will chime in and clear this for you.. In the meantime I suggest you try to do the...
  3. Krunok

So, if I understand correctly with your first setup you were playing via USB and recording with analogue and now you are doing playing and recording via USB? Have you set it up like this?
  4. Krunok

These 2 IRs are practically perfectly aligned, you don't need them to be perfeclty one over the other. And what was his problem?
  5. Krunok

He is asking if that is IR from tweeter only or from all drivers in the speaker.
  6. Krunok

I suggest you use the same speaker for playing acoustic timing reference signal as that is the only way to correctly overlay two IRs. You don't need laser, just move the mike and make measurements untill they are alligned. You can also apply delay for one speaker if you are using brutefir...
  7. Krunok

Are you using sweeps with acoustic timing signal played by the same speaker for both channels?
  8. Krunok

Review and Measurements of Audio-gd NFB2 192 DAC

As movement of electrons is non linear their linear speed is actually app. 1/3 of speed of light, but your argument is of course still valid.
  9. Krunok

Review and Measurements of Topping D10 DAC

You can conclude it from absence of the distortion.
  10. Krunok

Review and Measurements of Audio-gd NFB2 192 DAC

LOOL So, which DAC sounds better, silver or black? :D
  11. Krunok

High Resolution Audio?

That is indeed a masterpiece! :)
  12. Krunok

High Resolution Audio?

You are seriosuly underestimating wild sounds produced by Ray's 2 spoons and Blumlein's pizza pan.. :p
  13. Krunok

High Resolution Audio?

You will change your mind mister as soon as Ray&Blumlein's new album "'Things we found in the kitchen" hits the market! :D
  14. Krunok

I'm aware of that. My comment was toward the fact that output impedance of D10 is not as high as one could expect.
  15. Krunok

I tried it with Sennheiser HD1 phones and there was no coloration.
  16. Krunok

Review and Measurements of Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Streamer/Amp

You missed the point - question was would you buy 250 years shoes for $1000 if they are equally comfy and good looking to your perception as the ones made to last 150 years. In other words, would you pay for the feature you cannot possibly have any use of..
  17. Krunok

Review and Measurements of Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Streamer/Amp

Of course they do, but let's not mix form and function. DAC's function is to be neutral to the ear while form shouldn't matter much. Miss Universe doesn't have a function but form should look nice and measure well. :D
  18. Krunok

Dr. Klaus Heinz of HEDD Audio (ex ADAM Audio) - measuring speakers, in particular speaker dynamics

I think that whatever you measure you need to compare it with blind tests so you can correlate measurements with perception. I see no other way to be sure which measured parameters matter and which don't..
  19. Krunok

Dr. Klaus Heinz of HEDD Audio (ex ADAM Audio) - measuring speakers, in particular speaker dynamics

I don't really know what he meant when he said "dynamics". I'm not sure if anybody besides him knows..
  20. Krunok

The problem with the choice of DAC

Oh, schiit! I mean, shit.. :D
Top Bottom