Search results

1. amirm

Review and Measurements of VMV VA2 Headphone Amp

This is a review and detailed measurements of the (SMSL) VMV VA2 Headphone Amplifier. It is on kind loan from a member. It seems to have come out back in 2016 but online sellers are still selling it from USD $96 (Amazon) to $140. So in that sense it competes with the likes of JDS Labs Atom...
  2. amirm

New SMSL M300

I do not unfortunately.
  3. amirm

Stereophile, Atkinson Out, Austin In

I am afraid we don't have the supply of girls in nurse outfits chasing me here to make that work....
  4. amirm

Stereophile, Atkinson Out, Austin In

This is something I have been planning to do but just haven't found the time or patience to do it. Agree that it is a huge untapped audience without video. Question: what value do you all put on seeing my picture versus just voice over?
  5. amirm

Review and Measurements of Sony STR-ZA1100ES AVR

I have done some testing with capacitive loading and all it does is lower the impedance at higher frequencies, naturally resulting in more distortion there. It didn't seem to reveal anything that could not be predicted.
  6. amirm

Not for full power tests. The concern is damaging them.
  7. amirm

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

A focusrite is here for testing and I should be able to get to it shortly..
  8. amirm

I saw this at an audio show. They sure look nice but too expensive for me to buy.
  9. amirm

I have an iPhone now but when I will get to it, I don't know.
  10. amirm

It has to. And yes, you would be wasting the DAC in this scenario.
  11. amirm

Schiit Saga Grounding and Hum Issues?

What is remarkable is that many online bloggers are careful to provide full notice of where they got their gear but I have yet to see this on Head-fi. Or SBAF. You see that in the second line of every review I do for that reason (and transparency of course to readers).
  12. amirm

Review and Measurements of Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Streamer/Amp

I tested this for both mechanical noise and audible ones. There is none.
  13. amirm

Review and Measurements of Matrix Audio Element X DAC/Streamer/Amp

I got wifi working and updated the review: --- EDIT: I was given a youtube video that shows the wifi configuration which got me going: Note: make sure you let the Matrix Audio APP (MA) send you to wifi settings. Otherwise its wizard will sit there waiting for you to push that button...
  14. amirm

Schiit Saga Grounding and Hum Issues?

And if it follows my experience, your posting privileges will be removed too. Those guys mean business when it comes to protecting their sponsors.
  15. amirm

Good morning from Sweden!

I have known of Ingvar for years. It started because as you probably know, he built the dummy load and the setup for AB (F/E) testing of amplifiers for LTS (swedish audio society). I watched some of his interviews and read a ton of his posts online (though machine translation which at the time...
  16. amirm

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

It is not for no reason. Topping is one of the few smaller companies that actually gets its devices certified with respect to radiated emissions. Those capacitors help shunt some of the emissions that would be conducted over mains cable to the input, thereby reducing their level.
  17. amirm

Review and Measurements of the Topping D70 DAC

There is nothing to do. Windows recognizes both as different sound devices. You just have to tell your player which one to use of it doesn't have that feature, make the one you want the default one in the Sound control panel.
  18. amirm

This is a review and detailed measurements of the Sony STR-ZA1100ES Audio/Video Receiver. It is on kind loan from a local member. It costs US $999. It must have price protection as Amazon price is only $1 cheaper. Being part of the ES series from Sony, one expects good look and feel and...
Top Bottom