Search results

1. N

RCA to XLR trouble

To provide a small update - I've gotten the adaptors and XLR cables, but haven't bothered installing them. The original setup that was supposedly wrongly wired just works. Haven't had any issues. Make of that what you will.
  2. N

beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro Headphone Review

You listen at around 115 dB? Are you insane? This is either BS or you have severely damaged hearing, and none of your reviews can be taken seriously. 115 dB will damage your hearing within minutes.
  3. N

Cabling and interconnecting question

Source is Wiim Pro Plus, turntable or LG C1 TV via optical, which I'm now changing to Bluetooth because the ****** TV has frequent sound dropouts via Toslink and I'm not alone here (LG is garbage save for the panels, which are top notch; everything else in terms of hardware and software is...
  4. N

Thinking about getting the WiiM Pro Plus

Resurrecting this thread for future reference: LG C1 TV here with optical out to Wiim Pro Plus and then to 8030c monitors - have audio dropouts. -.-
  5. N

I'm crying, hearing music for the first time.
  6. N

Hearing faint crackling and humming from the speakers.
  7. N

They do, just on daisy chained extension cords temporarily.
  8. N

This is what the manual says: "An unbalanced source may be used as long as pin 3 is grounded to pin 1 at the unbalanced source connector. " My cables don't do that, they're connected near the output instead of at the source. I have ordered two adapters but in the meantime would like to try...
  9. N

It's an RCA output from the Wiim Pro Plus to XLR 8030c powered monitors. What's "happy"? Degraded sound quality? Or risk of damage of some sort?
  10. N

Ok, I'm gonna ask again. I've read the RANA guide, watched this video, read a bunch of threads. For the love of God, can I or can I not use some random RCA to XLR cable I have, without damaging any equipment?! This is what the Genelec guy wrote: "Yes the noise can be issue most likely and the...
  11. N

RCA to XLR trouble

I don't know if this applies to lower end subs, but Genelec have this to say: https://support.genelec.com/hc/en-us/articles/360013337160-Where-does-the-volume-control-happen-in-SAM-Systems Supposing it applies to the 7040/7050 or F One subs, I could go digital out on the Wiim and have the subs...
  12. N

RCA to XLR trouble

Does the Wiim Pro Plus do that?
  13. N

RCA to XLR trouble

What's "well implemented"? The more I read about audio the more I see one needs to be an electrical engineer to separate the wheat from the chuff here. Also, I feel like the above article is one of the best no nonsense guides I've read so far.
  14. N

RCA to XLR trouble

https://gnd-tech.com/2018/10/official-audio-component-guide/ Seems like an anti-snake oil article. What's wrong with that quote?
  15. N

RCA to XLR trouble

"But with DSP controlled monitors, you still want a DAC and preamp just for analog volume control, because no matter what, digital volume control reduces the digital signal and thus reduces the dynamic range. I’ve blind tested this to see how audible it is: my ADAM Audio S3V monitors sound like...
  16. N

RCA to XLR trouble

Unrelated to the cables, would I be better served with the Wiim Amp and analog volume control than a Wiim Pro Plus, since I only have the 8030c monitors currently? Or add something like Schiit Sys to control the volume while leaving the Pro Plus at 100%?
  17. N

RCA to XLR trouble

Nice find, but I can't see the price on that site and there's no wiring diagram either. I've already ordered the adapters, it is what it is.
  18. N

RCA to XLR trouble

Yea, some WBCs but none that are RCA or XLR.
  19. N

RCA to XLR trouble

That's what I got x2 and 2 Cable Matters XLR female to male cables.
  20. N

RCA to XLR trouble

The shipping and duties are considerably more expensive than the cables themselves.
Back
Top Bottom