Search results

1. D

Dirac ART is now running on beta FW for Denon Xx800H AVRs!

I can assure you, SPL is totally dependent on calibration (room curve, etc). There are no issues at all with SPL. Levels can be set at whatever your preference is. In regards to sub 20hz… you can use the infrabass option which does not filter out bass below 20hz. It also won’t be EQ’d in any...
  2. D

Yes, I have confirmed it. Once on the Storm firmware all features including ART will be available and run on the Bryston and Focal units. However there is a cost of 1249€ for the license upgrade according to Storm.
  3. D

This is patently false. 1-If your support speakers can only go down to 60hz for example, the support speakers will "fix" the issues between 60-150hz. Some of my worst issues have been the 80-150hz in my systems 2-ART will use subs just as well as support speakers. So if you have multiple subs...
  4. D

Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review

Check with other dealers or buy an open box which is 20% off. Full warranty. Open Box AV10
  5. D

SOLD: Topping DX3 Pro DAC/Headphone

SOLD Lightly used Topping DX3 Pro DAC/Headphone Amp. Used occasionally but no issues whatsoever. $60 shipped to U.S. (No AK/HI) Payment via paypal. Comes with original box/remote/power.
  6. D

What is your favorite house curve

Couple of exceptions I would note that could be considered differences: StormAudio-StormXT where it takes speakers in positions that are outside of the audio codec and uses them. For example, with center height channel that is used for DTS:X would normally remain silent for Dolby Atmos can be...
  7. D

My acoustically treated Home Theatre (updated)

@sac I believe you originally had JBL (C211 I think) and switched the the KEF 5160REF-THX. Did you notice any difference in dynamics with the switch? I am thinking of going a similar route to KEF in walls (probably CI5160RLM) and was curious what you thought of the dynamics between KEF/JBL if any.
  8. D

No longer available

Price lowered to $225 delivered.
  9. D

No longer available

Price drop. They need a new home. $175 delivered.
  10. D

What is your favorite house curve

To play devil’s advocate here… where are any such tests on any brand of processor/room correction. Blind testing of room correction would be most welcome but have not seen anything put together like this in any meaningful comprehensive way.
  11. D

FS/US: 3 JBL 6332 / 6 LSR32 Speakers

3 JBL LSR 6332 Speakers $750 each in excellent condition. Selling these as a set of 3. 6 JBL LSR32 Speakers $500 each. These have some scuffs/scratches but still look fine and are sound great. Shipping is possible. I believe I have boxes for all but 2 but could make some for the other 2...
  12. D

JBL 705i Series 7 Speakers 8 total speakers

Revised to 8 total speakers revised price to $400 each.
  13. D

New production three way Big bookshelf speakers

JBL L100 Classic JBL LSR6332/LSR32 (used)
  14. D

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

But it is more… There are no defined crossovers between subs/speakers. Instead of specifying crossovers you define the level of support you speakers can support. I think this is often overlooked and underestimated how important this is. It is completely different than DLBC or how sub/speaker...
  15. D

Marantz AV10 AV Processor Review

Neither does Stormaudio. You can use PEQ before or after Dirac.
  16. D

KEF Ci250RRM-THX

The whitepaper on the speaker is really an interesting read as it discusses the challenges/issues with such a speaker and their solutions. They even show the frequency responses of the different enclosure volumes.
  17. D

Last firmware update from Storm added support for Bryston and Focal branded units.. Allow SP4 (Bryston) and Astral (Focal) upgradeability to StormAudio firmware via license.
  18. D

Active Room Treatment (ART) by Dirac

9 JBL 6332/LSR32 speakers for bed layer and 7 JBL SCL-8 ceiling speakers. The 6332/lsr32’s are 3 way speakers with 1 inch done, 5 inch midrange, and 12inch woofer (ported).
  19. D

Higher frequencies may come later (or might not). I used the beta which had 300hz has the cutoff frequency. I tried up to 300hz. I didn't hear anything necessarily objectionable but would want to spend more time with it because I think in some systems going that high would be an issue with...
  20. D

If you have a pair of good speakers and 4 subs in the corners, you have a potent setup. ART does not care if the frequency support is a sub or a speaker. Also, the level required from the support speakers or subs is generally quite fairly low and not all that taxing (and can be adjusted). Dirac...
Back
Top Bottom