Search results

1. A

How to elevate a floor standing speaker for higher tweeter axis while keeping it pretty?

DIY block of cement stack of cut plywood, MDF or any other sheet material glued together and finished to your liking a resin cast artistically filled with an endless choice of options (e.g. vinyl records, old cassette tapes, CDs ...) untreated railway sleepers cuts a few cork yoga blocks glued...
  2. A

MDF and Baltic Birch and flatpacks, oh my!

I would think cabinet building would be a problem for many wannabe diy speaker builders - due to lack of suitable space, tools ans skills. I certainly fall into this category, living in a small flat in a large city. I would need access to either a supervised workshop or an affordable custom...
  3. A

Hypex filter design HFD

Thank you, this is useful info for me as my computer knowledge is no up to scratch.
  4. A

Hypex filter design HFD

Anyone knows if HFD (any version) will work on Win XP? (the only Win machine I have is this very old laptop with XP on it). The manual says Win 7 is minimum, but will it work in some limited mode or not at all on XP?
  5. A

ATC speakers / Monitors

Mainly the smaller size and also the lower price. I also have the C4 sub, so the slightly lower extension did not matter, and I did not need the slightly higher max SPL of the 100s
  6. A

ATC speakers / Monitors

Almost exactly 80cm
  7. A

ATC speakers / Monitors

When I first saw ATC - it was a 100A (not even a tower) I was shocked how huge it was. Later I had a home demo of both 50 and 100 towers. Here they are for relative size: I chose to keep the 50s.
  8. A

A visit to KEF centre London

No. I heard the blades a few years ago at a show.
  9. A

The speakers were mounted on special brackets. There were lots of in-ceiling and in-wall speakers, too.
  10. A

Yes. It looks very new indeed.
  11. A

The KEF Centre I was surprised - such a big facility in central London is very costly. At least 5 large rooms on 2 levels, acoustically treated, smartly finished and furnished and equipped with a wide range of KEF and non-KEF equipment - stereo, 2.1 and advanced multichannel/AV including Atmos...
Back
Top Bottom