Search results

1. F

New Schiit SYN - Analog Surround Sound Processor

Assuming you have amplification already figured out and a Windows computer to plug things into, I'd get a bunch of USB C Apple DACs (and probably USB C to USB A converters). If you don't have a Windows computer, you could buy a cheap one. Use VB Audio Matrix to route audio from the virtual...
  2. F

Yeah it's pretty easy once you understand VB Audio Matrix. The Motu Ultralite Mk5 (and I'm pretty sure the Motu M4 4x4) have Line In's that support balanced and unbalanced and optical inputs. So, just plug it in via RCA/TOSLINK optical, and use VB Audio Matrix to mix the Motu's ASIO inputs into...
  3. F

I tried a Schiit Syn, but I ended up returning it, as I got better results by implementing it with EKIO, VB Audio Matrix, and a Motu Ultralite Mk5, although this is obviously a lot more complicated than plugging in a Syn. Syn surround left really is just L-R and syn surround right really is just...
  4. F

Sound Artifacts of Cheap Ground Loop Isolators?

So, I found out when trying to EQ my headphones and using pure frequencies to test it, that mine sounds very much like the one in the article linked above: https://sound-au.com/articles/audio-xfmrs.htm There is a massive boost around 30 Hz and below that is very, very distorted.
  5. F

Oh, I see. This article basically answers all of my questions about what they are and what they can affect, thank you very much! Along with the measurements posted of a much more expensive device as a representation of a "good transformer," thanks, this is pretty much exactly what I wanted to...
  6. F

So, I'm using RCA to connect to my amp, but I get hum. I stuck a cheap $10 amazon ground loop noise isolator in and it's definitely a big improvement, since I don't hear any hum anymore. But, I'm wondering if they introduce any audio artifacts. I could go a balanced chain, but that seems like a...
Back
Top Bottom