Search results

1. T

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

I have no problems in balanced mode with xlr mogami cables connected to a rotel rb1582mkii
  2. T

It was on the highest volume curve. Dunno why it sounded really low.
  3. T

I had the A90 Discrete, with the Susvara it had no headroom (always near 0)... the A70Pro has musch more headroom (I usually listen -28dB, with classical -20dB), it sounds great, it's more warm (let me say less analystical). I really love it, that's why I sold the A90D. IMHO it really worth to...
  4. T

Have you tried to update the firmware ? The latest one is the v2.01 --> https://www.tpdz.net/newsinfo/875033.html
  5. T

Bah Deming said:"Without data, you’re just another person with an opinion". Where are the data? I have e30 since 3 years, always on because on TV, i had l30 heavily used and sold to a friend which is very happy. I have a dx7 pro daily use a couple of hours per day and perfectly working. I had...
  6. T

Rega DAC-R DAC Review

English snake oil...
  7. T

Audible difference in high-end capacitors? - ABX samples

IMHO when brand new they are all equivalent.. but one thing all capacitors have in common is their tendency to age—some over very long periods of time, others reasonably quickly depending on their operating environment. Heat is their biggest enemy. That's why when you buy a vintage equipment...
  8. T

Sennheiser HD 820 Review (headphone)

I agree with you. I own it since years, it is a top confort device and the only over ears that I can use in the Sumner time. Definitively I love it. P.s. I have an hifiman susvara and a focal elegia too, do I have good device ti benchmark and say it's good. I
  9. T

Nordost SuperFlatLine Speaker Cable Review

Hmm is the "Articulation" concept snake oil ? Please check the attached doc. Your thoughts ?
  10. T

Based on measurements it's even better than A90 Discrete ...
  11. T

What are we listening to right now..

Very good dynamic! it worth a listen.
  12. T

Topping A90 Discrete Review (Headphone Amp & Preamp)

I never faced any ground loop (i had a90) with a90d. Anyway the 90d has the ground loop switch (i never used it). For me was not necessary in RCA and as well for the XLR.
  13. T

None (i didn't check the 4.4 because I have only XLR balanced cable).
  14. T

Solved! It should be an impedance problem of the RCA output of the SMSL SU-9 DAC... Today I installed a couple of topping TCX-1 XLR balanced cables.. With same setting at 40 (high Gain) it's very loud.... Definitely too high impedance of SMSL SU-9 on RCA output.
  15. T

Headphone Choices for Topping A90 Discrete

I'm happy with my headphones, all of them sound with a rich and full sound: Open: - hifiman arya stealth - Hifiman Sundara Closed - Sennheiser HD820 - Focal Elegia
  16. T

I have High gain (gain button ore mote contlrol on the screen H), and curve setting 1 (button B) on remote. The Arya is connected by the xlr output with a balanced cable (see picture below).
  17. T

I'm using the 1 (just to confirm the curve selected by button B).
  18. T

Getting crazy... I had the A90, upgraded to A90d, very good sound but I have a strange problem... The old a90 mid gain half volume with Hifiman arya was so loud... A90D high gain, 64 is more or less equal... So it looks less power... P.S.: fw 1.4 volume curve 1. Any idea ?
  19. T

Topping A90 Discrete, what is this new version not available in the topping website ?

I have the a90 and I'm happy, I have also a Nuprime AMG https://nuprimeaudio.com/product/amg-hpa/?v=cd32106bcb6d which has digital volume control, both ahve a good channel match...but the AMG HPA is very confortable to use with te rempte control...
Back
Top Bottom