Search results

1. J

New to the hobby...question

Ok...so it has been almost a year of having my current setup...and the upgrade itch is starting to hit again...thinking of looking at different speakers (specifically Wharfdale Evo 4.2 3-way system...though I am willing to wait for a couple of months and possibly splurge on the Wharfdale Aura...
  2. J

Not yet with the other build...might be a bit...but down the road...again next "upgrade" is get a better listening room (read as find a house or upgrade to a two bedroom apartment)
  3. J

And of course this just occurred to me this morning as a final measure...reset the core audio preference and also the NRAM (formerly known as PRAM) and that made sure no artifacts were left over...noticed the difference right away.
  4. J

So I received my Deanfrips Enyo (Aries II with 12th anneversary firmware update)...HOLY COW...WHAT AN INCREDIBLE DIFFERENCE...Thta is all I am saying...say what you want about the SINAD...the smoothness and realism delivered by this DAC is unbelievable. In love at first note.
  5. J

My Dream System

Forgot to mention this would be a bookshelf speaker (at least I think)...again this is a LONG way off (need to get out of the apartment and into a house where I can properly treat the room.
  6. J

My Dream System

Yes this is the one I have...coupled with an SVS SB1000 subwoodfer...here is my thread https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/new-to-the-hobby-question.44284/
  7. J

My Dream System

I still have the DSP and the amplifier used in the car (totaled it last may unfortunately...really miss that Mustang)...and the DSP should still have the old EQ file used...based on that I can re-create the REW measurements...now this being all said, the current system I have is pretty great...
  8. J

My Dream System

So what I am trying to do is mimic the system I had in my car because that sounded fabulous (had a good friend who had a $60k system at his home listen to my system in my car and he said it was "outstanding"...couldn't believe that quality, resolution, and clarity were even possible in a car)...
  9. J

My Dream System

What speakers would you suggest or where should I start looking?
  10. J

My Dream System

Hi everyone, So I love the system that I have...but I have always had a dream system that would involve a home build. It would consist of the following: Speakers (yes these are car speakers...but I know them very well and loved how they sounded in my car): 1. Hertz ML 1650.3 Legend 6.5in...
  11. J

And I fixed the problem...thought of all the sound enhancing applications I had downloaded (bitperfect, boom2, soundsource, etc.) and double checked there were no outstanding preferences or other .plst files that might be telling the computer something was going on. Deleted whatever artifacts...
  12. J

OK well it's not the cord (thank goodness)...just checked with USB-C to USB-C and no difference. Went item by item and all is as you suggested in audio-midi setup. I will look at Audirvana maybe....or spend the money on CD / ask friends for their old CDs. But let me put it this way...if my...
  13. J

Somewhat...tried all that you said above....even switched "system effects" to the Modius...still sounds "compressed"...so I am scratching my head...there must be some artifact in the computer or something. I wonder if its the usb cord (don't shoot me yet)...very cheap 6ft usb A to usb C with a...
  14. J

Sorry...the "Music" app (formerly known as iTunes). Note...I do not have an apple music subscription.
  15. J

Ok...so now I have a very technical question: When I play music on my computer, it sounds sort of compressed...less open than it does on my CD player (computer hooked up to Modius via USB). I thought this was due to the computer having ACC files (not lossless) on it. So I hooked up an external...
  16. J

Thanks for the detailed response...so I will keep the Yamaha...it sounds much better than the DVD player (a lot less noisy) and it looks great with the Yamaha amp (which I run in pure direct mode all the time to bypass the internal dac of the amp). :)
  17. J

Ok so the upgrade itch is scratched...well sort of....got the Yamaha CD player today and thought I would be able to use the pure direct mode with ditgital output to the Modius DAC. Well, I was wrong...to use the digital output, you cannot use the "pure direct" mode of the CD player (meaning the...
  18. J

Ok so I scratched the upgrade itch...got a Yamaha S303 cd player to replace the $40 dvd player I am using (that thing is noisy...). With the "pure direct mode", I can have it operate as a transport since it will bypass the internal dac...so I think this will be a good player (was originally...
  19. J

If most sound so similar...why are there so many different choices? :) I must admit for the brief time that I had the SMSL DO300, I did notice a difference between it and the Schiit Modius...the DO300 was a little more analytical and better with the mid-range than the modius is. If the quality...
  20. J

Ok...been with this system for a little bit (listen to it every day)...starting to get the upgrade itch...really like the speaker and subwoofer combination...but am wondering what DAC I should get next (or should I get a cd player instead)? Budget is under $600
Back
Top Bottom