Search results

1. M

FiiO has released the USBDAC JA11, with an initial price of only $9 (69RMB) and support for PEQ DSD128 PCM384

I have one on order, but will take a few weeks until I can do something.
  2. M

3D printing a QRD N53 diffuser

Ah ok, missed that part. Sounds like a good idea. My only comment to that is that given the parts are white (I forgot if you said you intend to paint them or not) make sure you chose an adhesive that doesn't yellow or it might look not so nice after some time.
  3. M

Fosi v3 Mono - User Impressions | Owner's Thread

I was not referring to the values but to the ratings (section 5.2), but I agree with you on this
  4. M

3D printing a QRD N53 diffuser

Looking good! Suggestion: I see you use small tabs at the base, I guess, to assemble the parts together. Have you thought of adding additional ones at a higher level (i.e. closer to the top of the little towers) to give the assembly more stability?
  5. M

Fosi v3 Mono - User Impressions | Owner's Thread

I am going to disagree. The selection of components for the LC filter is very well documented by TI, and the choices made by Fosi, specifically for the capacitors, does not even meet TI requirements. If they are "audio grade" I think doesn't mean much in this case...
  6. M

Should you buy tantalum caps from Aliexpress? Here's What This Youtuber Found!

I meant ICs that are not worth faking. i.e. DACs, ADCs, SPDIF or i2c transceivers, ASRCs or even chip amps for which a pin compatible alternatives are not available. I am still to see any that has been proven counterfeit. Yes, an op amp, or a transistor, sure thing. are you sure? three examples...
  7. M

Amazon Phono Preamp

If what you are looking at is section 3 of the SDS, this does not mean that butoxypropanol is the active ingredient. Section 3, in mixtures, lists the ingredients that are hazardous AND are above a threshold that depends on the hazards. In this case, butoxypropanol is only 0.995% of the mixture...
  8. M

Should you buy tantalum caps from Aliexpress? Here's What This Youtuber Found!

AliExpress is the jungle, no doubt about it, but it should not be completely dismissed only because it is too cheap to be true. When you buy cheap components in digikey/mouser it is clear you are paying for someone putting the items in a box and shipping them to you, not for the items...
  9. M

Eversolo DMP-A8 Balanced Streamer/DAC Review

Why so? You don't need 3.5 power supplies, 3.5 usb bridges, 3.5 MCUs, 3.5 apps and so on...
  10. M

Moondrop Chu II DSP - EQ Review

Just wanted to say thank you for this review/analysis. I am currently on vacation and forgot to bring any headphones :-/ The Chu ii DSP was cheap and available where I am so I got a pair. I am using your zeros like EQ and I am liking it. I have the original Chu back home and I like to see some...
  11. M

Eversolo DMP-A8 Balanced Streamer/DAC Review

For that money no sub out and no DSP on analog input is a bit difficult to explain in wiim's era. Do we need to hook a minidsp 2x4 at the output?
  12. M

FiiO has released the USBDAC JA11, with an initial price of only $9 (69RMB) and support for PEQ DSD128 PCM384

By the way, not sure if anyone mentioned it, but another suspected of having this kt DAC inside is the Venture Electronics ODO that sells for ca. 5 euros in AliExpress. The peculiarity of this one is that they sell a 4.4 TRRRS version. What it does differently I don't know...
  13. M

No, the graphic you see in the app is according to the PEQ that you input, it is the actual frequency response that is wrong. BTW fiio acknowledged the bug and said they will fix it in a future firmware update.
  14. M

Is there any multichannel DAC easy to DIY in 2023?

I don't know if it helps answer your question, but I had my DAC working in slave mode with no oscillators whatsoever connected to the DAC without any problems.
  15. M

Dump everything you know about HDMI eARC here

I wonder about the multichannel capabilities, the example is typical arc 2 channels 48khz 16 bit and a fast search couldn't find anything else than this user saying that only stereo is possible and asking when multichannel will be available...
  16. M

building a TPA3255 260-2-29A, and need some guidance

Worth trying. You could ask @3eaudio if there is a way to revert to differential without having to desolder the opamp...
  17. M

KEF LSX Teardown and Repair

Great post, thanks for sharing. Question: how do you find out the voltage rating of a broken ceramic capacitor? another question: have you measured by chance what voltage feeds the amp chip? thanks! PS: seeing the internals they seem great value, they sell at 800 eur/pair now, but even at the...
  18. M

Douk Audio DAC-Q11--The first USB DAC with Switchable ESS9038Q2M and AK4493?

You know what would be cool? That it could be recognised by the computer and used as a 4 channel DAC
Back
Top Bottom