Search results

1. A

Near Field Studio Monitor FR vs Real World Medium to Far Field Use

Thanks Analogsteph! I think you’ve nailed it. I also raised the issue with the EQ software manufacturer Sonarworks and they confirmed their “flat” EQ was valid based on the near field measurements only, with no “behind the scenes” corrections for far field. Any simulation of far field requires...
  2. A

Thanks Ellebob. I wish my brain was sufficiently objective to recognise what was “natural” in the near field and how this will translate into the far field. On the contrary I find my brain quickly habituates to small changes in FR, which become obvious again only through A:B comparison. Perhaps...
  3. A

No. I’m trying to understand how something mixed flat at 1m translates to 3m in room, not in free space.
  4. A

Thanks Maxwell. If the brain auto “corrects” HF for distance, how come the near field sound is so obviously brighter? Easily detectable even if I roll my chair back from 1m to 3m.
  5. A

Wow that’s a novel approach! I think I get your logic, but not always easy to implement in a domestic environment with partner approval LOL.
  6. A

Thanks for your thoughts NTK but these are all open air equations. Not relevant to domestic use where reflections from multiple surfaces are in play.
  7. A

Dear ASR brains trust, I've had a couple of years of quite successful home recording, but I'm still confused by translation between studio monitoring and listening in the domestic environment. In a home studio we usually listen to our monitors in the near field, aiming for a flat frequency...
  8. A

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

Thank you very much MRC01 for bringing much needed clarity to this issue. The graphs and descriptions in the Owners’ Manual are confusing at best. Notwithstanding my affection for Topping products, I find it surprising and disappointIng that they have not seen fit to correct the obvious anomaly...
Back
Top Bottom