Search results

1. E

Help Shape Our Next Innovation: The ZA5 Balanced Power Amplifier!

Hi @Fosi Audio, Is it even realistic to ask for a Purifi-based amp with decent power within the suggested price range? Regarding Hypex modules, we do have access to really well built NC252MP-based amps from Audiophonics for around 400-500 dollars. Getting something similar for half the price...
  2. E

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

I am also fully on board for the "WiiM Amp Ultra" (regardless of the screen)! I think that the next launch will be an streamer/preamp so we may need to wait an additional year.
  3. E

Good point! I meant DAC section because many think that the one on the Pro+ was better. I am not exclusively thinking from a pure performance perspective but just from what would be a good buying point for some people. But you are right, there may be no need for a new DAC.
  4. E

@WiiM Team collecting the feedback from this thread and leaving out exotic request, just add a slightly better DAC (maybe the one on the Pro+), more power and PFFB to this very same box and you will be selling the new product by millions (assuming PEQ, room correction, Roon and other software...
  5. E

Hi @7jm! I have my poweramp connected to the Wiim Pro+ via the 12V trigger. I mostly listen to Tidal through Tidal Connect and both the streamer and the poweramp wake up as soon as I play music from my phone. I find this setting optional compared to switching on the streamer and the amp every...
  6. E

This is not as streamer. It's a steamer plus amp for those who need such a combo. Wiim also has streamers in different flavors that can do most of what the Zen Stream does for a fraction of the price. They are not Roon-ready (yet) but one doesn't need to use a hardware switch on the back to...
  7. E

3e Audio TPA3255 Amplifier Kit 480-1-29A Review

Hi! @daniboun how difficult do you think it would be to replace the standard TPA3255 on the Wiim amp by the 3e Audio one? It may be a naive question but I honestly have zero experience with electronics. Thanks!
  8. E

Hypex Ncore NC122MP VS NC252MP

I am a scientist myself (molecular biologist) and I always get surprised by the rigorous scientific approach to audio in this forum. As I cannot provide more accurate measurements that could help with a data-based answer, I see two main schools of thought when addressing the question...
  9. E

Thanks a lot! I have never heard any obvious clipping so I guess I could skip the upgrade and save some money. Cheers, Emilio.
  10. E

Hi everyone, I have an Audiophonics stereo Hypex Ncore NC122MP amp feeding a pair of ELAC Uni-Fi UF52. I am getting itchy about upgrading to a more powerful Hypex-based amplifier and I wonder whether there would be an obvious advantage on having the extra punch (apart from the possibility to...
  11. E

Marantz "sound" and measurements

@DVDdoug super interesting reading, thanks a lot!
  12. E

Thanks a lot @Galliardist, super useful information. Thanks @raindance. I tried to stay away from using adjectives to describe the sound (especially "warm", because this is what people usually say about Marantz). Putting it into words, the Hypex has much better bass definition and better...
  13. E

Thanks! I knew more or less this is the answer I will get in this forum. I am a scientist myself (nothing related with audio processing) so I am well aware of subjective biases and the need for control conditions in experiments. Funnily, the sound difference was so obvious to me (with levels...
  14. E

Hi all, This is my very first post so, before starting, I would like to thank you all for the hard work that you put on this site! Going straight to the topic, I am a Marantz kid. Currently, I have a PM-8005 that I am very happy with connected to a pair of Dali Oberon 5. Long story short, I...
Back
Top Bottom