Search results

1. N

Sabaj A10a BTL (Mono) Measurements

I find this interesting. I have two A20A 2022’s hooked up from topping E50 balanced running my Canton Karat GS. I bought everything blind; I figured they’d sound similarly to my Reference 9DC I had before. Those played from an Abrahamsen v2. The sound is awesome in many ways, every detail is...
  2. N

WiiM Amp Streaming Amplifier Review

This was pretty close to what I want, but not quite. Where is the hdmi arc thingy with a digital output with volume control which is not a bluesound node that cost way too much? Here’s hoping wiim makes something like that for maybe 200$ in the near future.
  3. N

Creative Sound Blaster X5 Interface Review

Am I reading this right? This would not work better than the G6 in my situation, as a dsp/eq fed via toslink into a dac? I use a profile for my headphones, which I disable when using speakers.
  4. N

Canton speakers.

Is there any way of knowing if these have the same problems as the reference k’s? They seem to be new drivers after reading press info. I personally don’t hear any issues.
  5. N

Canton speakers.

So I bought the Karat GS. Hadn’t heard them, so I put my faith in the local distrubitor, Njål Hansson and the ceo there, Ståle. paired with topping e50 balanced into two sabaj a20a, playing apple music via usb. At first, the sound was… a bit harsh. Played some acoustic gitar, and the high...
  6. N

Canton Vento 30

Can chime in with experience from the reference 9dc, which is not too far from the vento 30. Awesome speaker, lovely soundstage, punchy bass, and to my ears a beautiful tweeter with heaps of detail, not fatiuging at all. Benefits from a surplus of power to control that bass.
  7. N

Canton speakers.

The thing is I had an audiopro 10» sub. When I got the reference 9dc’s, I sold the sub the next day. I’m positive subs are better now than ten years ago, but the Karats have 10» woofers.
  8. N

Canton speakers.

I’m looking to buy speakers. Been happy with canton ref 9dc, and am eyeing Karat GS. But lookie, black friday comes and kef r7 can be bought for less. Any input? I like my bass, for sure.
  9. N

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

This is great news to me, it solves the usability issues with hifi, especially for the rest of the family who don’t share my interests and just want something that works. Are there any other products out there that can connect hdmi arc to a dac with volume controlled from tv?
  10. N

Great, thanks! You use toslink? Would it work with coax, do you know?
  11. N

Hey, I have question, sorry if it has been covered. Is it possible to connect bluesound node to a TV as the source using hdmi arc, and an external dac with preamp, like topping e50, using toslink output, and still have the TV control volume (HDMI CEC)? This would be so awesome to me.
  12. N

Audeze LCD-X Review (2021 Edition Headphone)

Late to the party here. This is an interesting headphone. Anyone done measurements of the LCD-2c, is there a review coming?
  13. N

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

Forgive my ignorance… This seem very exciting, but would it decode any multichannel formats? How would one go about that, Dolby or DTS?
  14. N

Sennheiser HD560S Review (Headphone)

I have the luxury of working part time in a store with the HD560 on demo, so I've been trying it out connected to a Fiio K5 pro, using just a lighting adapter from my phone, and I am impressed. Maybe, on some tracks, like Bullets On Parade or BFG Division, the bass was a bit lacking, but I...
  15. N

The idea, if valid, is that lowering treble and global volume in eq, and then turing up volume on amp, will in fact boost bass.
  16. N

It was exactly what I was asking, thanks. I've seen zeos on yt on his review of eq's from jds and schiit, and he made such a claim, negative eq is better. I've tried eq`ing on various devices, and feel I don't quite get the results i want, so was hoping the negative approach would fix...
  17. N

Please do advise if I am on thin ice here. Would an negative eq curve benefit the bass on these? As in taking the treble down some, and lowering the global volume. Will the bass distort the same way?
Back
Top Bottom