Search results

1. P

MiniDSP Flex HTx

My old Oppo BDP 103 has a choice in the settings to output either Bitsream or PCM on the HDMI output. I’m surprised that isn’t ubiquitous.
  2. P

Why Do You Own Benchmark Products?

My original DAC1 (no USB) was purchased because the mastering studio I was working in had several in use. It has been sent back to Benchmark twice because of the really weird static problem that the volume POT inevitably develops over time. Other that that, they are wonderful products that...
  3. P

DTS issue a concern if connecting a CD/DVD player to a stereo receiver via RCA vs Optical?

Yes! I used to play around with encoding my own DTS CDs back in the day. It was very easy. You would grab 5 or 6 (or any number, really) .wav files, and the program would just create a .wav file for you to burn a regular CD using whichever program you wanted. I personally had a SCSI Plextor CD...
  4. P

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

This Topping is balanced, though. That is very enticing to me for my powered monitors.
  5. P

Trying to find the best DAC+Amp combo for the HD800s, under $900. Was originally leaning towards Schiit products, but they don't seem to review well.

It sounds like hyperbole, but the Apple USB-C dongle sounds SO GOOD. It has transformed my car stereo. It’s a BMW and the built in DAC was always fine to me but the USB dongle is literally night and day. It has so much punch and dynamic range. I can crank up the volume to uncomfortable levels...
  6. P

Where is the Flaw in most Multichannel Preamps/ AVRs?

Is this well-regarded around here? I was under the impression that it wasn't great. I've been tempted by this for a long time. It would be perfect for me if it had balanced outputs but other than that, it's perfect.
  7. P

Trying to find the best DAC+Amp combo for the HD800s, under $900. Was originally leaning towards Schiit products, but they don't seem to review well.

Why aren't you interested in the Schiit Midgard? I have one and I absolutely love it. It's well reviewed here, too.
  8. P

Maybe Amir should review movie theaters

Gotta convince the owner/operator to let someone in during off hours and set up equipment. Never gonna happen unless they can convince the owner/operator that it’s in their best interest. Like marketing it as the “most accurate sound” or similar. I know my local theater didn’t get the memo about...
  9. P

Maybe Amir should review movie theaters

My local theater is the unique outlier. It's newish, and therefore hasn't been broken down by years of horrible patrons and uninterested employees. The picture and sound are always top notch and accurate. Every other theater in my huge metropolis is bad in some way. The only thing mine doesn't...
  10. P

Looking for headphones similar to AKG K 240DF

That’s a lot to spend on something I would have to listen to first. Does something like that exist?
  11. P

Funny. That’s not how it works in my experience. The DFs have such an amazingly fast response in all the upper frequencies that they don’t sparkle at all. They are just plain more airy and clear in the upper ranges without distorting at all. It’s fun to listen to big classical music pieces or...
  12. P

I came to this thread with the exact same hope: to find a replacement for my cherished K240DFs that I purchased over 20 years ago. They are impossible to find on eBay (authentic ones, I bought a pair years ago for parts or as a backup and they had the wrong drivers in them), but they are also...
Back
Top Bottom