Search results

1. L

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

I think I read in the D50-III that EQ is only available for the USB input, so please reconfirm if you’re expecting to use SPDIF input to connect your CD Player.
  2. L

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

Whether spending $2000 on entertainment makes sense is a very personal question, but assuming it does, $2000 will get a state of the art, nearly perfect sound through headphones. However getting the same sound through loudspeakers is still questionable - they need Eq, room correction and are...
  3. L

Neutron Hifi DAC V1

Worth waiting for it. Thanks Dmitry.
  4. L

Neutron Hifi DAC V1

@dmitrykos if there’s no plan to open source the configurator then I’ll say that a command line version would be acceptable. Your comment got me thinking. I wondered why you’d not like to open source the software support for a fairly expensive device. I think I get that NConfigurator is...
  5. L

Neutron Hifi DAC V1

@dmitrykos Are there any plans to open source the NConfigurator App, or at least to document the protocol? I am loving the little device - it’s beautiful and its superb pair for my headphones, but the application to configure EQ is, pardon my expression, clunky! I will be happy to hack away...
  6. L

IEM's - Where do diminishing returns start - cost wise? $10, $15, $20, $30, $50, $200, etc, etc

Sony is.. fickle. I lost one of it (darn MMCX connector on XBA-N3 - again Sony gonna do what Sony does) and had to buy it again from a random seller in Japan. I have several IEMs but none as good as these. Truthear Zero:2 Red comes close in tonality but the fit is so poor I can’t wear it for long.
  7. L

IEM's - Where do diminishing returns start - cost wise? $10, $15, $20, $30, $50, $200, etc, etc

I wish changing the tips made a difference. It seems the 6mm tube size is way too big for my ears. XBA-N3 are wonderful and comfortable with comply foam tips in comparison.
  8. L

FiiO BTR7 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Companion app works on iOS Here’s the Appstore Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/fiio-control/id1485988916
  9. L

The “fit” is where the buck stops. I have the $20 Truthear Zero:2 and it’s wonderful but it’s painful to wear for me. I love my Sony XBA-N3 in comparison - about $350 but they have the perfect fit and sound signature that suits me perfectly. YMMV.
  10. L

JDS Labs Element III Review (DAC & Amp)

Here’s an experiment for anyone bothered about potential background hiss: 1. Take your favorite sensitive IEM (or your favorite headphone/IEM) 2. Plug them to your laptop, connect your laptop to AC charger. This test assumes that your laptop is the noisiest HP amp you own. 3. Play absolutely...
  11. L

Neutron Hifi DAC V1

I agree, an always on detection will be way too complicated and IMHO unnecessary too after I realized from your comment that the device has accelerometer and tap sensing - that’s pretty damn cool. Given there is no BTLE HW onboard there is really no way currently to run a configuration app at...
  12. L

Neutron Hifi DAC V1

Thanks Dmitry, I was afraid so. It is indeed frustrating that simple stuff like talking to USB devices is nearly impossible on iOS. If you’re so inclined, I do have a couple of ideas that you may like to ponder on. Of course I have no expectations given you have probably a million better things...
  13. L

Neutron Hifi DAC V1

@dmitrykos Congratulation on the launch. Neutron player is legendary and so I’m probably going to buy one anyway my collection of DACs :) I am curious if there are any plans for an iOS version of NConfigurator?
  14. L

Wireless audio adaptors

Any LDAC transmitter + receiver will easily exceed the SINAD of any conceivable turntable by 10dB or more.
  15. L

Is it possible to have a subwoofer in an apartment without disturbing others?

I did, though I had a Sonos set at the time. The dual opposed Sub does wonders! Get a dual opposed Sub, keep it away from walls and use a reasonable volume. I never received a noise complaint and hope it works out for you (and your neighbors)!
Back
Top Bottom