Search results

1. Q

SMSL DL200 the best ever value DAC/AMP?

I have no idea about the usb 1.1 problem. It should keep the last setting. But regarding the display: If you press the FN button on the remote for a few seconds you can turn ON/OFF the auto-display-off feature.
  2. Q

I don't know if this is of any help: It happened to me a couple of times until I learned what was causing the reset. In one of my setups I am using a switchable power strip. If I turn the power strip on and immediately press the encoder to turn on the DL200 , the settings are reset to defaults...
  3. Q

Lieben Dank! At first I have to test this with my workstation (and maye another PC). I have a second ADI-2 PRO and would be able to cross check this.
  4. Q

When I disconnected the DL200, only the USB cable was connected to the ADI-2 PRO, nothing else and of course power. I could check this with my workstation. Today I just used a MiniPC, which is normally used for SW testing. I will have to find the time.
  5. Q

The peak is also there at silence (no signal, foobar2000 stopped) or if I disconnect the DL200 from the ADI-2 PRO. Very good point, thank you! But stupid Windows 11 does not let me change the physical resolution on my test system, it only rescales the image if I select a lower resolution. It...
  6. Q

I tried 96 kHz ADC and 192 kHz ADC, the peak at 33.5 kHz appears in FL2 to FL6, FL1 is "clean". Unfortunately my knowledge of REW how to measure or better said how to visualize the IR is limited. It would be great if there was any advice how to measure/visualize the IR for a DAC in REW (or...
  7. Q

Attached image shows the results of my measurements of all digital filters of the DL200 at 44.1 kHz. Attached also REW's mdat file. Feedback welcome!
  8. Q

Thank you, great advice, I will do it that way.
  9. Q

With the explained setup I measure the frequency response. Would it be complicated to measure also the impulse (and/or step response)? An additional impulse response would make it easier or more clear to determine the filter type.
  10. Q

Thank you very much! What a great guide! I like the "... and relax." (hihi) I will try that as soon as possible. I am very curious.
  11. Q

@staticV3 Thank you, that's nice. As said I will try to find the time for research and how to do this correctly. I have some basic knowledge but I could need a little bit of advice. Is there a website or a forum thread that I could study, maybe with a similar setup with REW? My plan would...
  12. Q

@JIW Thank you very much for your incredible effort. My listening experience and comparisons with other ESS devices is different. But that's not a very scientific approach. Please correct me if I am wrong but your assumption is, the graph in the DL200 manual is correct and not just a copy...
  13. Q

For me it seems that the filter list for the d-6s is also not correct for the DL200. It seems the list (not the graph) of the DL200 manual is correct. FL1 (Minimum phase) FL2 (Linear phase apodizing fast roll-off) FL3 (Linear phase fast roll-off) FL4 (Linear phase fast roll-off low ripple)...
  14. Q

Are these modes realized in Topping DACs as discrete output stages or is it just a digital volume offset?
  15. Q

This whole discussion is completely off topic (and pointless btw). Please, could you discuss this further via PM.
  16. Q

And maybe different DA filter settings?
  17. Q

New Neumann MA 1 - Automatic Monitor Alignment

@VTKZ - my home theater setup with Neumann studio monitors For a living room home theater setup in combination with an AV preamplifier, you don't need an MA-1 setup. The Marantz AV7706 performs very well and you can use larger subwoofers, although 2 x KH 750 are already very powerful for a...
  18. Q

Thank you. Calibration in two passes is very time-consuming and it is not always possible to place both subwoofers at the same distance from the listening position. Would you agree that a properly performed stereo subwoofer calibration has considerable sonic advantages in terms of spatiality...
  19. Q

Is there any code of conduct regarding requests for new/desired features at Neumann that I am not aware of? Stereo subwoofer calibration: I asked here a long time ago, no response. I asked Mr. Westphal a long time ago (more than a year) and he said it should be available soon. I politely...
Back
Top Bottom