Search results

1. C

Monitor Audio Bronze 6G 200 vs Silver 7G 200

Very well put. I had this exact problem not too long ago actually. Now that I know a bit more about home theaters, I know I can't go very far in terms of "high end audio", given that 1) my budget is not stretchable beyond a certain point and 2) I don't want to deal with room acoustics, I...
  2. C

My room has a "U" shape, it's not symmetrical, and it has windows on one side (but not the other). The speakers form a correct triangle with my MLP, there are no obstructions between me and the speakers. The couch is directly located against the rear wall.
  3. C

I have a ~25m2 room, I sit at about 2 meters from my front speakers. I don't listen at high volumes (my X1700H is usually around -40 to -50 dB). I use a Monolith 10 inch subwoofer (500W).
  4. C

Do we need powerful amplifiers at low volume?

I always look for reviews anyway, for two reasons: the first one is while the spec sheets is nice to know if the product will go well with the speakers / headphones I have, I want to make sure it actually sounds good, and the second is to ensure it hasn't some e.g. manufacturing or electrical...
  5. C

Thanks. You say up to 250W but the manufacturer ranges the speakers for 25-100W. Wouldn't >100W damage the speakers?
  6. C

Of course not, and I couldn't afford to change all my audio equipment anyway ^^ But knowing what I plan to get for speakers, AVR, stereo amplifier, headphones, earphones, etc. allows me to decide what to purchase first depending on my priorities / budget and what I'm going to upgrade later on...
  7. C

Indeed, I'm trying to understand all of those complicated audio things to make the best systems I can (within the budget I have) for home theater, desktop headphones, and IEMs when I go outside. There are so much things to learn and there are so many products it's really helpful to have such as...
  8. C

Highest-quality true wireless earphones

Very interesting, I'll look it up. Thanks :)
  9. C

I see, thank you all for your answers, it's a bit more clear for me know :)
  10. C

I see, so that means wattage isn't everything right? Output impedance matters as well? Are there any other important specifications I should be aware of when looking at an amplifier's specs sheet?
  11. C

Highest-quality true wireless earphones

Hi! I was wondering there were any """audiophile""" true wireless IEMs? I'm aware of some good earbuds like the Sony WF-1000XM4, but are there even higher-quality ones out there? Something as high-end as, I don't know, Fiio FH7 true wireless?
  12. C

Thanks! By "beefy" do you mean high-wattage, high-impedance, or both? Technically if I have say a 2x25W amplifier wouldn't that be as great as a 2x100W if I listen at low volumes?
  13. C

Ok so given the manufacturer rates the speakers for 25-100W, would there be a real audible difference between a "cheap" (but e.g. well-reviewed on this site) $100 amplifier and a $10000 one? I'm really beginning in there so it's kind of complicated given many people seem to have opposite...
  14. C

Hi there! I currently own a pair of Monitor Audio Bronze (6G) 200, which sound very nice. But coming from a high-end headphone system, they of course don't sound as detailed, and I'd like to upgrade to something a little "better". I saw great reviews of the Monitor Audio Silver (7G) 200, and...
  15. C

Thanks, when why do we say the KEF LS50 are power hungry and most people recommend expensive amplifiers for them? If 2X55W are enough, there are plenty of cheap options out there. Or is it because affordable amplifiers don't have high-enough quality components to make the LS50 shine?
  16. C

Hi there! I have a (kinda stupid) question. I'm a beginner in the audio world and was wondering why we couldn't, for instance, drive a pair of KEF LS50 (known to be power-hungry, but rated at 25 - 100 W RMS) with a small amplifier like the AUDIOPHONICS BT60W PRO (which is a $50, 2x55 W...
  17. C

Closed-Back Over ear cans: How to 'wear' them?

If you want a little comparison, you can listen to Comfortably Numb from David Gilmour during his live at Pompeii. You should hear the voice in the top left corner (the better imaging your headphones have, the further the voice should be from your heart)
  18. C

Closed-Back Over ear cans: How to 'wear' them?

There is no "good" manner to wear headphones ; you just use the most comfortable position for you. The fact that voices and instruments can be placed like you say is normal and depends on the headphones and amplifier you use ; and it also depends on tracks of course. Some are made to have the...
  19. C

What headphone(s) do you own ?

I've been using a Sennheiser HD 58X for almost a year, and I'm enjoying every bit of it It's true that this isn't the most neutral headphones out there, but their price/quality ratio is pretty incredible, and they have a slightly warm sound that's a lot more comfortable to my ears (I'm...
Back
Top Bottom