Search results

1. DMill

Elac Debut Reference DBR-62 Speaker Review

Did you test them both A/B in room?
  2. DMill

Yamaha A-S701 Stereo Amplifier Review

I have little doubt the phono stage in the Yamaha is very ordinary. It is basically a throw away by Yamaha to make their integrated look more appealing. That said, I wouldn’t be so sure it is less good than the NAD or Project dedicated preamps the previous poster mentioned without some sort of...
  3. DMill

Can a fuse affect the sound quality ?

I did blow a fuse once in a Cary SLI 80 tube amp blasting Rage Against the Machine. I thought I blew out a driver on the speaker. I replaced the fuse for $5 for a few of them if I remember right.
  4. DMill

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

Can’t lie and say vinyl isn’t a fun hobby. I don’t miss record cleaners, beat up LPs, storage space issues, tweaking a stylus, etc. But every now an then I miss an overpriced rock in plastic.
  5. DMill

Rotel RB-1070 Amplifier Review

Damn. So much fun you are having in audio. I really like you just from this post. You might read a lot of money saving advice from people who make and measure the stuff. And probably a few things you should rethink. When you do a Levinson amp is still pretty awesome.
  6. DMill

Alec Baldwin shooting: Lawyer suggests potential sabotage on ‘Rust’ set.

Or a blank? Which is equally dangerous at short range? Unless someone who understands firearms informed him this prop can mess you up or even kill you. There is no legal case IMO. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I’m sure the guy feels like complete Sh@t either way.
  7. DMill

Blue Jeans Cables

If it’s an older cable it’s possible a crimp at the RCA or oxidation could be an issue. If it was me, I’d clean it up good and reseat the RCA connector on fresh wire. It’d take 10 minutes while guessing clues on Jeopardy.
  8. DMill

Blue Jeans Cables

I have not used overpriced cables in some time but can confirm that some “audiophile” cable connections I have used in the past were so tight you had to hold down a 40lb amp in fear of breaking an RCA connection. I have a couple Blue Jean Cables and friends who love them and have not had any...
  9. DMill

Dynaco ST-70 Series 3 Tube Amplifier Review

I don’t know about motorcycles but have had a few tube amps. This one looks decent enough assuming that bad channel was a bad tube? The design of these is simple enough I’d like to believe it’s not a flaw in the circuit. Also, just a giant thank you to Amir for taking the time on tubes. We all...
  10. DMill

Help Shape Our Upcoming CD Player for 2024

Why not just buy a decent used CD player for $100? I have a Denon 2910 in its factory box not used the last 10 years.
  11. DMill

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Speaker Review

Based on measurements they definitely have a voice. Unfortunately not a very neutral one. But I’m glad you enjoy yours, they are by no means broken and I do enjoy the retro look of them. Edit. I would add that on this site we tend to make a lot of noise about a shortcoming a speaker has...
  12. DMill

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Live events are the best. I know that my system at home will reproduce Brandi Carlisle better than anything I can hear live and yet it falls short. She did a concert a few days ago here in Rochester NY. Really good show… most people know how great she is, but a solid reco if you don’t
  13. DMill

Yamaha A-S701 Stereo Amplifier Review

Do you mean he was impressed by the built in phono pre-amp of the 701 or not? I have absolutely no doubt there are cleaner pre-amps on the market. But the million dollar question is how much it matters? It’s a completely flawed medium compared to digital solutions. I completely understand...
  14. DMill

Wharfedale Denton 80th Anniversary Speaker Review

I think Wharfedale got on board quickly with measurements when sites like ASR started gaining popularity. They have a lot of great speakers that measure amazing. I think the 80’s probably sound really good btw as this site tends to focus on its flaws where otherwise it’s great. In an office like...
  15. DMill

Are my tastes changing? I am beginning to prefer Luxman over Yamaha

Based on your report I’d say sell your Yamaha gear to someone who will appreciate it. You won’t be improving your sound at all but you’ll make a few bucks and someone else will get to enjoy those wonderful amps.
  16. DMill

The 67-year-old hearing test results! You need hearing aids.

My father in law clearly needs hearing aids, but is steadfast that he can hear fine. Quite honestly it’s annoying. A big thumbs up to members here that see the benefits. It’s refreshing.
  17. DMill

Are domed rooms bad?

Not much objectively here but some interesting theory on sound in a dome. https://www.google.com/search?q=acoustics+dome+in+las+vegas&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:31c9d52b,vid:A-1ICkrXu-Y,st:0
  18. DMill

Denon HEOS Link HS2 Streamer Review

All this and I don’t even get a Denon logo on the front that I can brag about. No thanks.
Back
Top Bottom