Search results

1. Tranquility Bass

DEQX Premate 8 digital active crossover / DSP

And is also doable in the SHARC DSP which also has a dedicated FFT accelerator ;)
  2. Tranquility Bass

What is the sample rate of this tap specification ? Usually the rpi defaults to 48K. Ironically the SHARC only runs at 1GHz which is half that of this ARM device.
  3. Tranquility Bass

Divide by 8 for 8 channel count but no doubt you would need less taps for the higher frequencies. It's a new chip in pre-release status but there is an upgrade path for existing 21565 and 569 designs using the same foot print ;)
  4. Tranquility Bass

They said it's a 6 core device running at 2GHz. What would that be ??
  5. Tranquility Bass

We'll it would kind of add credibility if we knew what this magic phone chip was ;)
  6. Tranquility Bass

Not only that they have had dual core SHARC DSP with built in ARM core as well for quite a while https://www.analog.com/en/products/adsp-sc589.html ;) And now they have some new DSP's !! Look at the specs of this sucker ;) https://www.analog.com/en/products/adsp-21837.html Check it out...
  7. Tranquility Bass

I never truncated anything. That's what the forum software does. What you quoted from Linkwitz is exactly what I quoted if you click on the pulldown to expand it. Obviously it comes down to who are you going to believe. A qualified engineer with years of experience or a part time audio hack who...
  8. Tranquility Bass

What a load of nonsense ! If you want a dedicated DSP then you use a proper DSP and not a phone chip !! Do you have any evidence that the ADSP-21569 "doesn't have enough grunt to run FIR filters" or did you read that off the back of a corn flakes packet ?? Please provide it then. Considering...
  9. Tranquility Bass

All I can say is that my customers were all paying dspconcepts to renew their licenses so I told them to only renew when they needed to. Normally, dspconcepts charges a small amount for the runtime libraries used on an end product where only the OEM has access to the Audioweaver design software...
  10. Tranquility Bass

The other issue is that when I bundled Audioweaver with the preamp I was selling, people had to pay a subscription of $100 US a year to keep using Audioweaver whilst I was absorbing the initial upfront cost but I guess 12 months is probably enough time to nut out a crossover design. However for...
  11. Tranquility Bass

You can run Audioweaver on a PC and I believe you can get a free trial to evaluate it ;)
  12. Tranquility Bass

Jay's Audio Lab and electral outlets

He uses one of those Stromtank battery/mains regenerators but still had issues with ground loops because although it may isolate the mains it still has issues where all of the safety grounds on all of the equipment are still interconnected and thus be susceptible to ground loop hum and buzz.
  13. Tranquility Bass

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

You should have called his bluff right from the start. That's how these bullies operate. They use intimidation and hollow legal threats to get their way and a lot of people who are not lawyers would probably fall for it. cheers
  14. Tranquility Bass

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

What sort of speaker designer would design a speaker with unintentional cabinet leaks that could have easily been rectified by the manufacturer ? If the feet are integral with the proper operation of the speaker then they should be a permanent fixture and not be able to be removed or a warning...
  15. Tranquility Bass

That's why I said theoretical maximum. Of course other processing will be needed and this will steal away clock cycles for FIR. However the SHARC does have FIR accelerators which can be deployed simultaneously to boost performance further ;) Ideally if you need serious FIR capability then PC...
  16. Tranquility Bass

The SHARC DSP in the minidsp runs at 450MHz I believe which means it can process 900 MMACS (million multiply accumulates or taps) Just divide 900 million by the sample rate to get the theoretical maximum number of taps. It's as simple as that ;) @192KHz 900e6/192000 = 4687 taps @96KHz...
  17. Tranquility Bass

DSP is now considered a commodity item so general purpose configurable DSP/Processor is not worthy doing these days. Have a nice day.
  18. Tranquility Bass

If it's diy just stick to mindsp. What's the problem ?? This is one of the reasons I am reluctant to get back into making this type of product because as soon as you mention DSP it automatically becomes a race to the bottom and there is just no satisfying some people no matter what you do and...
  19. Tranquility Bass

Do you actually own anything Australian made because I get the impression you look down on us aussie manufacturers as not being capable of competing with the imports ? cheers
Back
Top Bottom