Search results

1. rafacq

Marantz SR8015 Review (Home Theater AVR)

I just bought my Marantz SR8015 6 weeks ago (great discount price now that the Cinema 30 is out) and I also have an Aircom T8 fan. I also find the SR8015 does not run hot at all. The aircom fans are set to come on at 90°F, but they never do! The T8 shows 86-88°F even at reference volume.
  2. rafacq

Jump to March 2024 and with the Cinema 30 now available, the price of the Marantz SR8015 is now around $2K. It was my dream AVR, and at its new price, I finally bought one. Love it!
  3. rafacq

I’m using 4 ohms Martin Logan Motion 60XTi and no heat issues with my Marantz SR8015.
  4. rafacq

Eversolo DMP-A6 or WIIM Pro + separate smsl DO300EX DAC

I agree, no issues with my Eversolo DMP-A6. Love it.
  5. rafacq

I’ve been keeping an eye on my SR8015 and the temperature display on my Aircom T8 fan watching Madam Web last night at -8db the temperature was 87°. No heat problems.
  6. rafacq

Skip to March 2024. I took advantage of the crazy low prices on the Marantz SR8015, as its being phased out to make room for the new Cinema 30, and picked one to replace a 1 year old Sony STR-AZ5000ES which suffers from a bad case of 360SSM hiss. I’m perplexed by the runs very hot comment. I...
  7. rafacq

New Sony ES 8K AV Receiver Line STR-AZ7000ES STR-AZ5000ES STR-AZ3000ES STR-AZ1000ES

Well the answer is debatable. Technically going to the Settings menu, the last option is the reset menu. Selecting all options should bring the unit to factory defaults. Amazingly my STR-AZ5000ES did not reset to factory defaults. It did remove the hiss when using 360SSM. Since my last post...
  8. rafacq

Eversolo DMP-A6 Streamer Review

Yes, it sure does. It’s one of only 2 units that can stream Apple Music bit perfect up to 24/192kHz!
  9. rafacq

My Eversolo DMP-A6 is connected to my Sony STR-AZ5000ES via RCA cables. I can Airplay2 to the Sony, but since the A6 does native Apple Music (bit perfect), I no longer use Airplay from my phone to the receiver (I actually had an old iPhone 6S next to my favorite chair with the sole purpose of...
  10. rafacq

Now that Amir has reviewed both the Allo Boss 2 and Eversolo DMP-A6, has anyone compared the sound of both units? I have both and my ears cannot tell them apart. My eyes can (beautiful front panel is definitely nice to use), but my ears find both sound nice.
  11. rafacq

Eversolo DMP-A8 Announced

I purchased my Eversolo DMP-A6 from zidoo.tv website. The unit shipped from an Amazon warehouse, it was delivered overnight! Even better, they didn’t charge Texas 8.25% sales tax.
  12. rafacq

Really enjoying my Eversolo DMP-A6!
  13. rafacq

I’m very happy with my Eversolo DMP-A6! Streamed Music sounds great. No need to spend US$2,000!
  14. rafacq

Eversolo DMP-A6 or WIIM Pro + separate smsl DO300EX DAC

I have the Eversolo DMP-A6 and really love it. At the end only your ears need to like what you’re hearing. Any chance you can order one from Amazon? They have a good return policy if you feel it meets your expectations.
  15. rafacq

Allo Boss2 Review (Stereo Streamer)

I’m so lucky I have two Allo Boss2. I recently looked at the Allo website and couldn’t find anything in stock. I recently bought an Eversolo DMP-A6 and can truthfully say both Allo Boss 2 and Eversolo DMP-A6 sound very similar to me. Of course, the beautiful screen on the Eversolo DMP-A6 is...
  16. rafacq

New Sony ES 8K AV Receiver Line STR-AZ7000ES STR-AZ5000ES STR-AZ3000ES STR-AZ1000ES

Are you buying an AVR for headphone listening? My 11 channel Sony STR-AZ5000ES is used for TV/movies and music. For wired headphones I use an iFI Hip-DAC connected to my iPhone. It really sounds AMAZING. It’s portable so I can enjoy HiRes music just about anywhere.
  17. rafacq

STR-AZ3000ES is a 9 channel receiver, it cannot support a 9.2.4 system. 9 channels will let you set a 5.x.4 setup (x being your number of subwoofers). My 5000 has 11 channels and the 7000 has 13 channels.
  18. rafacq

My STR-AZ5000ES, bought in March, started the hiss issue about 2 months ago. A full reset took care of the annoying hiss. Love the unit.
  19. rafacq

I’ very happy with my STR-AZ5000ES. I have a 5.1.4 setup and movies sound amazing, particularly with 360SSM on. For music listening I use an Eversolo DMP-A6 connected via analog cables and use Pure Direct mode. Very pleased.
  20. rafacq

No headphones jack on the new sony receivers. My STR-AZ5000ES doesn’t. No phono inputs either. It does have bluetooth (receive/transmit) if you want to listen wirelessly. When I want to listen to wired headphones I use an iFi Hip-DAC connected to my iPhone. It sounds amazingly good. It works...
Back
Top Bottom