Search results

1. DrCWO

Lundahl Sound VC2361 6-Channel Volume Control Review

Adding y six channel amp you can activate a three way stereo speaker.
  2. DrCWO

Lundahl Sound VC2361 6-Channel Volume Control Review

Would be interesting to see the specs and measurements. six-channel DACs are rare and with the volume controller it may be a nice setup for active 2x3 speaker system.
  3. DrCWO

Moondrop Chu II IEM Review

Currently no time to read the whole thread. Any comments regarding the cables and connectors?
  4. DrCWO

SMSL M500 DAC and HP Amp Review

You can take a look at the block schematic of the ESS Hyperstream DACs here. it is clearly visible that all incoming data (PCM, DSD, DoP) passes an oversampling filter first and next an async. sample rate converter with a digital PLL for jitter reduction before conversion. This means all input...
  5. DrCWO

New Dutch&Dutch loudspeakers.

If you tested it some time ago you should redo the test. Not too long ago Roon improved their system a lot to better fit the needs of classical listeners.
  6. DrCWO

Luxman AS-50R Speaker Selector Review

Did you terminate the outputs with 4Ohm? Otherwise I expect parasitic effects as it is built for low impedance.
  7. DrCWO

Current Drive VS Voltsge Drive

Right :) It is more like a voltage amp with low damping as a tube amp. But the Firstwatt F1 that claims to be a Current amp has (if I remember correctly) 47Ohm resistance ;) Not really a current source either…
  8. DrCWO

So-called „current drive“ is exactly what I did with the resistance in the cable. My setup proofed this claim and you can hear it: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/speaker-distortion-under-voltage-drive-and-current-drive.10369/ Edit: As also found by Nelson Pass this...
  9. DrCWO

Ideal voltage sources have a resistance of zero and an ideal current source a resistance of infinity. Both cannot be achieved in practice but current voltage amps are quite close.
  10. DrCWO

Speaker distortion under voltage drive and current drive

Great, see my post on this topic here: https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/current-drive-vs-voltsge-drive.52184/post-1993078
  11. DrCWO

Sorry, but as Ph.D. In electrical engineering I know Ohm‘s law :facepalm: What I wanted to say - and there you seem to have misunderstood me - is, that I can have current drive (source impedance endless) on one side and voltage drive (source impedance zero) on the other side. But in-between...
  12. DrCWO

Forgot to mention that the system was calibrated in both scenarios to the same target curve using Acourate. So impedance changes did not lead to a different amplitude response ;)
  13. DrCWO

In my example the speakers have their resonance frequency at 35Hz and are only used down to 130hz. So damping is no issue at all.
  14. DrCWO

I like to report my listening experience using a NCx500 amplifier with my horn spekaers. The horn speakers only transport sound above 130Hz and are accompanied by two woofers. At the beginning I used a Krell 2250e to drive the horns. Was quite happy with it. As the NCx500 was praised so much...
  15. DrCWO

Hypex NCx500 Class D Amplifier Review

I owned a Passlabs XA30.5 exchanged it with a Krell 2250e (which is a really good amp and big improvement) and now by a custom build NCx500 stereo amp like those sold by Apollon. Mine ran without buffers as my ADI-2/4 DAC provides enough input voltage. With the NCx500 you will hear more detail...
  16. DrCWO

FFT Size impact on Noise level in Virtins Multi Instrument 3.8 ? - FIXED in v3.9

Well, this is why I used 750hz with 48khz sampling :) This means exactly 64 samples per wave so I can use each multiple of 64 samples (e.g. 64k) for the FFT and always have full waves and no lag. So no window necessary in this case.
  17. DrCWO

FFT Size impact on Noise level in Virtins Multi Instrument 3.8 ? - FIXED in v3.9

I tried to figure it out for me with an example and it seems to work as described in the paper that I liked to in my first post above. This is what I did: Created a 750Hz signal (-1dB) 24Bit 48kHz dithered in the last bit so no aliasing expected. Put 64k samples of this signal to a FFT and...
  18. DrCWO

I read here (chapter 3.4) that the FFT processing gain in dB computes as: where N is the length of the FFT. For me this means if I see a certain noise floor in the FFT I have to add the corresponding processing gain to get its real value. Any comments on that?
  19. DrCWO

Apollon NCx500ST Stereo Amplifier Review

This is me, so sad :facepalm:
  20. DrCWO

Apollon NCx500ST Stereo Amplifier Review

I own a custom build NCx500 and it stays cool. I would send it to Apollon. There seems to be something wrong with the power supply. Did you order it with the correct mains voltage? The power supply can be switched with a jumper between 115 qand 230 volt.
Back
Top Bottom