Search results

1. Mosquito

New production three way Big bookshelf speakers

Yes, but in my experience any speaker that effortlessly reproduce 45 Hz @-3dB plus room contribution is more than enough for any kind of music except:) Amir's sub bass tracks that I'm not interested in.
  2. Mosquito

On the other hand, thanks to the contribution of You and other fellow members, I better understand now the why and the how of my original question. DIY is the path, and there are some wonderful italian made drivers that got the specs for the Job.
  3. Mosquito

Good point, but there is also an aestetic preference in my case. No subwoofer for me, I listen to music, not film tracks.
  4. Mosquito

Stand mounting intended to say. I always refer to stand mounted speakers as "bookshelves" even though I would never put a speaker on a shelf.
  5. Mosquito

DIY is the path to follow then, to make happy Me, and my amplifier.:)
  6. Mosquito

In fact, 5 Ohm pose no problem with a well designed tube amp featuring right ammount of NFB.
  7. Mosquito

I do not particulary care about deep bass, I'm a stereo person that listen music program, not movies sound tracks. Some 45 Hz f3 is good enough for me. Efficience instead must be high enough to listen classic orchestral, Louis Prima, and Led Zeppelin at reasonable volume in a medium sized room...
  8. Mosquito

Yes, I intend "friendly" for a 15 watt 6BQ5, the Linton does not fit, nor does the Dovedales with that unacceptable impedance behavior
  9. Mosquito

Not a technical reason, just aestetic preference.
  10. Mosquito

You're right, I intended stand mount rather than put a 100 liter box on a shelf. What I envisión is a 70/100 liter box, with classic woofer,midrange,tweeter lineup, 90+ dB sensitivity, AND tube friedly impedance
  11. Mosquito

They got the looks! Someone says "boring big boxes" for me boooring are these towers with multiple small woofers in vertical array that you can see by the dozen nowadays
  12. Mosquito

Hey there! My question is: are actually in the market any decent passive three way boxes, with woofer not smaller than 10", not tower shaped, with decent linearity and good directivity? Something like a JBL L112 but with none of the shortcomings?
  13. Mosquito

Anyone has got or had an experience with ultra near field listening?

I always dreamed of something like this, but for me the solution can be achieved in a much simpler way: a room dedicated to the listening experience, curtains, dim lighting, a cushion to sit on the floor, and a pair of Quad ESL57 on each side , conveniently angled, at an arm's length...
  14. Mosquito

Measuring Some Vintage Speakers

IMHO the most interesting speaker of the bunch
  15. Mosquito

What gear you wouldn't buy because of its name or cult status.

I doubt it, years before I warned Mitsubishi about the name "Pajero" with no success.
  16. Mosquito

What gear you wouldn't buy because of its name or cult status.

The MICHI line from Rotel, I find the name ridiculous for a powerful amplifier, because in my native language that's what you call a kitten when you ignore the name "michi michi michi"
  17. Mosquito

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Strange, I would have said that italian audiophiles are among the major haters of ASR..:rolleyes:
  18. Mosquito

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Calella de Mar, Maresme, Barcelona, Spain
  19. Mosquito

Human Speakers 81 dk Review

Indeed, I suspect it is technically impossible, at least until measurement of a REAL Epi woofer proves me wrong.
Back
Top Bottom